• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls at SMU - In Game Chat (ESPNU)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Let's talk about just how clutch DC can be. The guy is an absolute gamer! Last night was probably his biggest, most complete performance of the season. Great defense, great shooting, no foul trouble, just three turnovers. I'm excited to see him continue to progress and develop in CBG's system. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

Let's talk about just how clutch DC can be. The guy is an absolute gamer! Last night was probably his biggest, most complete performance of the season. Great defense, great shooting, no foul trouble, just three turnovers. I'm excited to see him continue to progress and develop in CBG's system. 

Man, was unreal. This was the first game this season where he was shooting more from the outside than driving to the basket. Perhaps this is an adjustment he will continue to take. But he had the stroke last night. If him and Q are going to do this kind of damage look out...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,435
  • Days Won:  19

Particularly that last shot.  It was a thing of beauty. Just the way you imagined it in the driveway when you were a kid.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

Took a while after that game ended to wind down.  What a great shot.  Glad I stayed up to watch it.  

Just for discussion sake.  It appears Brown and Lang had trouble guarding one on one.  Seemed like they were trailing guys all night.  Kiir and Durr struggled guarding guys away from the basket.  Not their fault because of the matchup issues Gregory talked about.  So why not play some zone against that team?  We gave up way too many layups and lobs in the 2nd half.  Not trying to rag on the team, just want to discuss some strategy.

Guest Jonesy Bull
12 hours ago, Vega said:

Might need to start a topic about how far USF has come since the start of the season until now. Similar situation at Tulsa where they loss on a buzzer beater, but tonight they got the stop they needed and a HUGE WIN! WOW 

What a difference it is to have a Coach that actually is able to teach, develop, and motivate.  Its been a joy to watch the improvement from the beginning of the year to now.  I forgot what it was like to have a "real" basketball coach after the recent years of purgatory.

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Took a while after that game ended to wind down.  What a great shot.  Glad I stayed up to watch it.  

Just for discussion sake.  It appears Brown and Lang had trouble guarding one on one.  Seemed like they were trailing guys all night.  Kiir and Durr struggled guarding guys away from the basket.  Not their fault because of the matchup issues Gregory talked about.  So why not play some zone against that team?  We gave up way too many layups and lobs in the 2nd half.  Not trying to rag on the team, just want to discuss some strategy.

This is an excellent question. The problem is BG hates the zone. He has stated this in multiple press conferences. For him zone coverage is a non agressive defense and his mojo is in your face defense...which has been extremely effective this year. But, like you, I was thinking the same thing during the game. We did play zone for about 30% of the Uconn game and it worked well. But in the end, BG is not a fan. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This is an excellent question. The problem is BG hates the zone. He has stated this in multiple press conferences. For him zone coverage is a non agressive defense and his mojo is in your face defense...which has been extremely effective this year. But, like you, I was thinking the same thing during the game. We did play zone for about 30% of the Uconn game and it worked well. But in the end, BG is not a fan. 

Very much like the other coach from that coaching tree. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,455

How many of us wish we could replay the Citadel and Georgetown games? I would bet we would win both of them if we played them again right now. (in particular with Yetna healthy)

5 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

How many of us wish we could replay the Citadel and Georgetown games? I would bet we would win both of them if we played them again right now. (in particular with Yetna healthy)

Ugh booth make me sick to think about. But we were trying to find our sea legs at the time. Still cant believe how hot the Citadel was that day 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,483
  • Days Won:  0

38 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

What a difference it is to have a Coach that actually is able to teach, develop, and motivate.  Its been a joy to watch the improvement from the beginning of the year to now.  I forgot what it was like to have a "real" basketball coach after the recent years of purgatory.

I liked the come-to-Jesus meeting he had during one of the timeouts near the end of the game.  On television it was the most animated I've seen him all season.