• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any news on Yetna?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I disagree. I respect your opinion Dave as I know you used to hustle your ass off for that wounderful publication “Bulls Eye”...which I still miss.To me this is an issue based on today’s world of everyone needing all the information about a team. Guess what...coaches don’t want that info released if it creates, in their opinion, a competitive disadvantage. Why would CBG want info to be provided to the media about his star player being hurt? It creates a competitive disadvantage if teams do this. CCS did the same thing as we did not know who was playing until gametime. The fans have no right to that information if it adversely impacts the team. In my opinion if Joey still got that info and printed it anyway it would be ****** journalism. At least he is not getting down to the level of TMZ or Barstool. 

Again, you have absolutely no basis in fact for any of what you just said. Is it possible that CBG doesn't want to comment on the injury, of course it is, but we don't know that yet. A good journalist still asks the questions, takes the answers, tries to follow up to get more information and then reports it. I'm not suggesting he surreptitiously gets the information and runs with it, but there is nothing wrong with trying to get the information. In fact, it's exactly what he is supposed to be doing.

I provided you with an actual, recent example with Tre Jones at Duke and how that was handled by everyone involved, but you seem to rather make it about something that it isn't. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Again, you have absolutely no basis in fact for any of what you just said. Is it possible that CBG doesn't want to comment on the injury, of course it is, but we don't know that yet. A good journalist still asks the questions, takes the answers, tries to follow up to get more information and then reports it. I'm not suggesting he surreptitiously gets the information and runs with it, but there is nothing wrong with trying to get the information. In fact, it's exactly what he is supposed to be doing.

I provided you with an actual, recent example with Tre Jones at Duke and how that was handled by everyone involved, but you seem to rather make it about something that it isn't. 

1. You are correct I don’t know for sure but let’s face it almost all coaches are coy with injury information. USF released info saying it was a “lower body injury.” This tells me they do not want the public to know. So I feel extremely confident that my position in this area is much more likely than yours.

2. How do you know Joey did not ask? Yes this is a he said she said but I cannot see a reason why he at least did not reach out...he has posted on Tweeter the following:

“Coach Gregory said he had no update on Yetna immediately after the game. Obviously, we'll keep monitoring that situation.”

3. I ignored your Duke example as it is apples to Oranges. Looking at who Duke played tonight (where Jones had 11 pts), I am pretty confident Jones was not going to be the missing piece for Duke success. Conversely, If we don’t have a Yetna I don’t like our chances at SMU and I feel CBG probably knows this. Thus, why give SMU the info to strategize with? 

So, I feel like my comments and my position have just as much validity as yours...

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

31 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

1. You are correct I don’t know for sure but let’s face it almost all coaches are coy with injury information. USF released info saying it was a “lower body injury.” This tells me they do not want the public to know. So I feel extremely confident that my position in this area is much more likely than yours.

2. How do you know Joey did not ask? Yes this is a he said she said but I cannot see a reason why he at least did not reach out...he has posted on Tweeter the following:

“Coach Gregory said he had no update on Yetna immediately after the game. Obviously, we'll keep monitoring that situation.”

3. I ignored your Duke example as it is apples to Oranges. Looking at who Duke played tonight (where Jones had 11 pts), I am pretty confident Jones was not going to be the missing piece for Duke success. Conversely, If we don’t have a Yetna I don’t like our chances at SMU and I feel CBG probably knows this. Thus, why give SMU the info to strategize with? 

So, I feel like my comments and my position have just as much validity as yours...

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That's a dumb statement...CBG is keeping a tight lid on this...no way any info would be leaked without getting fired.

So does that mean your statement is just as dumb? Or are they not as equal?

Edited by JTrue

Just now, JTrue said:

So does that mean your statement is just as dumb?

No...by any measure the probability of my position being correct is higher...I was trying to be nice....

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

31 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So does that mean your statement is just as dumb? Or are they not as equal?

"dumb" is a very under appreciated word.

29 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No...by any measure the probability of my position being correct is higher...I was trying to be nice....

Aaaaaaany measure?🤔

So... anyone happy Yetna still has both legs?  

4 minutes ago, Calibull said:

"dumb" is a very under appreciated word.

Aaaaaaany measure?🤔

So... anyone happy Yetna still has both legs?  

No I would not be 😂. I am hoping beyond hope that he is good to go Thursday. He is a stud among studs on this team. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

11 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Whatever Yetna is dealing with, it is probably a nagging thing that is day to day.  I don't think it is as much about Gregory hiding anything as it is there just isn't that much day to day coverage of the USFMBB team

I think this probably pretty much sums up the situation. There's no conspiracy with CBG withholding information to fool SMU or JK scared to piss off USF by posting about the injury, it's that there just isn't much day to day coverage of the USFMBB team, mainly because there hasn't been shown a need for it. Yetna's health isn't really a story until Thursday .... but I do agree that there probably should have been some kind of an at least minimal follow up on Yetna a day or two after, but just don't think it's that big of a deal there wasn't.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Shouldn't there be some pre-game day media availability today? Should find out something then.

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I disagree. I respect your opinion Dave as I know you used to hustle your ass off for that wounderful publication “Bulls Eye”...which I still miss.To me this is an issue based on today’s world of everyone needing all the information about a team. Guess what...coaches don’t want that info released if it creates, in their opinion, a competitive disadvantage. Why would CBG want info to be provided to the media about his star player being hurt? It creates a competitive disadvantage if teams do this. CCS did the same thing as we did not know who was playing until gametime. The fans have no right to that information if it adversely impacts the team. In my opinion if Joey still got that info and printed it anyway it would be ****** journalism. At least he is not getting down to the level of TMZ or Barstool. 

NE, I respect your opinion, too, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. In your scenario, if a reporter had info that indicated a player's injury meant he wasn't - or was - going to be ready to play in the next game and didn't publish it, he isn't doing his job. This is regardless of whether the coach wanted it out there or not. If you make exceptions there, when does it stop? Does he sit on info he has about a player failing a drug test, abusing his girlfriend, stealing crab legs, etc. because the coach doesn't want it made public and it "adversely impacts the team?" You can't pick and choose which news to report if that's your job. It's not a reporter's job to help give the team he covers a competitive advantage by withholding legitimate news that may "adversely impact the team" - like the availability status of a four-time conference player of the week. I guarantee you Joey Knight agrees with me.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

So no word on if he is good to go?