• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any news on Yetna?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

The thinking may be that these are unlikely wins even with Yetna so he may sit a couple more.

In the Hardwood Club CBG mentioned that the trainers are former track people that know all about hammies.  When they say he is good to go he will go.  But it sounded like he is very close and wouldn't be surprised if he plays Wed.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

Might I point out that we are 2-0 in the past two games without Yetna 

the teams we played are not at the same caliber as UCF or Temple. These two teams are in the top of the conference. ECU is at the bottom and SMU is middle to bottom.

Guest Jonesy Bull
22 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

the teams we played are not at the same caliber as UCF or Temple. These two teams are in the top of the conference. ECU is at the bottom and SMU is middle to bottom.

Yeah, we really need all hands on deck (healthy), to have a chance to win in these next tough stretch of games.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I doubt this is the way they are thinking.  It is a loser mentality, and I don't see CBG with that mentality.

On the flip side, regardless of who the opponents are, they may be careful rushing him back before he is really ready as hamstrings are tricky.

Could also be thinking that Yetna is most important during the post season. 

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

14 hours ago, MikeG said:

So do you push Yetna back onto the court when he is not quite 100% to win some of those games or do you stick to the trainers plan and have him fully ready later? Hamstring injuries are notoriously tough to avoid cropping up again

To me, there isn't even a debate. He doesn't play until he's a solid 100%, doesn't matter what the scenarios are ....

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,435
  • Days Won:  19

To me, there isn't even a debate. He doesn't play until he's a solid 100%, doesn't matter what the scenarios are ....

To me, that should be the case for any student athlete; however, I don't think it is really the mindset of most coaches or players.

• Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

40 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Is anyone ever really 100% midway through a season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

To me, that should be the case for any student athlete; however, I don't think it is really the mindset of most coaches or players.

BG has been quiet clear with the media on three separate occasions that he stays completely away from injuries. His point has been that is between the student, the trainer, and the team doctor. Only when he has been informed by the team doctor the player is ready to go does he work with the player. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Is anyone ever really 100% midway through a season?

True, probably should have said 100% recovered from the hamstring ..... You don't **** around with those bad boys.

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

True, probably should have said 100% recovered from the hamstring ..... You don't **** around with those bad boys.

absolutely - I can't recall which star receiver it was (mid-2000s) on the football team that we tried getting out on the field a little early and it cost us him for a third of the season. Slightly different sport in terms of physicality but the general importance of being able to run the court is critical.

I think the coaches will make the right call. While I can relate to some players still going out a little banged up (gamers! - most of us remember doing this ourselves back when we played a sport)- hamstrings are like Trip says-- very tricky.