• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any news on Yetna?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

Per CBG's pregame talk, Yetna is day-to-day.  Warmed up with the team but, obviously, didn't play.  Coach indicated that trainers have a lot of experience with hammy issues and will get him game-ready ASAP.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

Obviously-- the general goal is to win the games we play. But some thought must go into the upcoming conference tournament and what we expect to get out of that situation.

At this point in the season--- this is sort of a difficult situation since we are in a position to move up in the conference standings and get a better seed in the tournament. The coaches might also be thinking in terms of qualifying for post season stuff like the NIT and who knows-- maybe even an at large to the dance should things go amazingly well. (or even win the AACCT and get in directly-- crazy as that sounds).

So do you push Yetna back onto the court when he is not quite 100% to win some of those games or do you stick to the trainers plan and have him fully ready later? Hamstring injuries are notoriously tough to avoid cropping up again.

I would not fault the coaches for holding him back a bit longer if needed - especially if we realistically can't move too much in terms of seeding for the AACCT. From what I have seen-- the top 8 teams can all be pretty hard to beat. With him out-- look at how Kiir and Durr stepped up this past game--- valuable experience gained and we even got a win. Not sure we can expect the same with out Yetna in the rest of the schedule though.

Edited by MikeG

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

14 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Per Gregory Yetna will not play tonight. 

Nice meeting you and your much better half last night.  😉

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,747
  • Content Count:  17,446
  • Days Won:  13

Will need Yetna if we hope to win either game this week.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Will need Yetna if we hope to win either game this week.

Yep, if he is a no go then we have some issues with the rebounding. BB said he was 50/50 last night. But my gut reaction is that he will not be 100% even if he plays on Wednesday (which I am doubting as of now). 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Nice meeting you and your much better half last night.  😉

Likewise!  Thank you both for coming down to say hello.  I love meeting people from the board.  

• Topic Count:  1,747
  • Content Count:  17,446
  • Days Won:  13

32 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yep, if he is a no go then we have some issues with the rebounding. BB said he was 50/50 last night. But my gut reaction is that he will not be 100% even if he plays on Wednesday (which I am doubting as of now). 

No Yetna means no win on Wednesday. Hopefully he goes.

Guest Jonesy Bull
27 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

The thinking may be that these are unlikely wins even with Yetna so he may sit a couple more.

I doubt this is the way they are thinking.  It is a loser mentality, and I don't see CBG with that mentality.

On the flip side, regardless of who the opponents are, they may be careful rushing him back before he is really ready as hamstrings are tricky.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Might I point out that we are 2-0 in the past two games without Yetna