• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Any news on Yetna?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

So no word on if he is good to go?

I just talked to my source.  He said he's day-to-day.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Dave Glaser said:

NE, I respect your opinion, too, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. In your scenario, if a reporter had info that indicated a player's injury meant he wasn't - or was - going to be ready to play in the next game and didn't publish it, he isn't doing his job. This is regardless of whether the coach wanted it out there or not. If you make exceptions there, when does it stop? Does he sit on info he has about a player failing a drug test, abusing his girlfriend, stealing crab legs, etc. because the coach doesn't want it made public and it "adversely impacts the team?" You can't pick and choose which news to report if that's your job. It's not a reporter's job to help give the team he covers a competitive advantage by withholding legitimate news that may "adversely impact the team" - like the availability status of a four-time conference player of the week. I guarantee you Joey Knight agrees with me.

Fair enough 

1 hour ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Then again, aren’t we all...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

1. You are correct I don’t know for sure but let’s face it almost all coaches are coy with injury information. USF released info saying it was a “lower body injury.” This tells me they do not want the public to know. So I feel extremely confident that my position in this area is much more likely than yours.

2. How do you know Joey did not ask? Yes this is a he said she said but I cannot see a reason why he at least did not reach out...he has posted on Tweeter the following:

“Coach Gregory said he had no update on Yetna immediately after the game. Obviously, we'll keep monitoring that situation.”

3. I ignored your Duke example as it is apples to Oranges. Looking at who Duke played tonight (where Jones had 11 pts), I am pretty confident Jones was not going to be the missing piece for Duke success. Conversely, If we don’t have a Yetna I don’t like our chances at SMU and I feel CBG probably knows this. Thus, why give SMU the info to strategize with? 

So, I feel like my comments and my position have just as much validity as yours...

1. USF's report came immediately after the game, prior to any additional testing, so we really can't read anything further into that. And you can "feel" all you want, but feelings aren't facts. 

2. We don't know if Joey has asked, which is kind of my point. A good beat writer would have asked and then tweeted or wrote a blog blurb about USF's response to the inquiry. I'm sure we will finally see something later today, but a competent and committed journalist would have already had some sort of an update, even if it was that USF refuses to comment further. 

3. If you think Duke is going anywhere without Tre Jones' running the point and his defense then you really must not follow college basketball other than USF, which is fine, but saying Tre Jones isn't one of the top 3 players on that Duke squad is foolish at best. It's apples to apples even if one apple is big and the other apple is small. An example of an orange in this instance would be if I were comparing it to how the NHL handles injury reports. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

1. USF's report came immediately after the game, prior to any additional testing, so we really can't read anything further into that. And you can "feel" all you want, but feelings aren't facts. 

2. We don't know if Joey has asked, which is kind of my point. A good beat writer would have asked and then tweeted or wrote a blog blurb about USF's response to the inquiry. I'm sure we will finally see something later today, but a competent and committed journalist would have already had some sort of an update, even if it was that USF refuses to comment further. 

3. If you think Duke is going anywhere without Tre Jones' running the point and his defense then you really must not follow college basketball other than USF, which is fine, but saying Tre Jones isn't one of the top 3 players on that Duke squad is foolish at best. It's apples to apples even if one apple is big and the other apple is small. An example of an orange in this instance would be if I were comparing it to how the NHL handles injury reports. 

Not going to continue to waste time with the first two. I’ll stand by my position. Regarding #3 I thought it pretty clear I was referring to last nights one game. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 hours ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Someone Mr. Miyagi that groin, ASAP! I think we will need him to win on the road against SMU, but I certainly don't want to risk his availability for the rest of the season. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

Our trips to SME have been disasters, the worst of which was last year's 79-39 loss.  In the past four seasons we have lost there:

39-79

65-84

58-72

49-83

I would think this is likely to be a very tough game even with Yetna. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

34 minutes ago, abochner said:

Our trips to SME have been disasters, the worst of which was last year's 79-39 loss.  In the past four seasons we have lost there:

39-79

65-84

58-72

49-83

I would think this is likely to be a very tough game even with Yetna. 

We're not even close to the same team

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,209
  • Days Won:  422

7 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

So no word on if he is good to go?

Lower body injury .... They'll make a decision after the morning skate tomorrow.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,744
  • Content Count:  17,370
  • Days Won:  13

14 hours ago, Triple B said:

Lower body injury .... They'll make a decision after the morning skate tomorrow.

I would love to see a video of the entire teams morning skate. lol