• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Any news on Yetna?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Tre Jones was injured and left a game on national TV and plays for Duke.  Couldn't really hide from that injury.  Whatever Yetna is dealing with, it is probably a nagging thing that is day to day.  I don't think it is as much about Gregory hiding anything as it is there just isn't that much day to day coverage of the USFMBB team

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, chapelbull said:

Tre Jones was injured and left a game on national TV and plays for Duke.  Couldn't really hide from that injury.  Whatever Yetna is dealing with, it is probably a nagging thing that is day to day.  I don't think it is as much about Gregory hiding anything as it is there just isn't that much day to day coverage of the USFMBB team

I agree that Duke has far more coverage, the point was that they didn't hide or conceal anything about that injury. That was to counter New England Bull's statement that my post was dumb and that no coaches would ever reveal injury information, which just isn't true. I would venture to guess Joey will have some sort of update in time for tomorrow's game preview. However, it would be nice to have an update from the local beat writer on a major contributor's status within 72 hours following the injury, irrespective of whether or not our program is nationally relevant. 

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  2,400
  • Days Won:  5

7 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I agree that Duke has far more coverage, the point was that they didn't hide or conceal anything about that injury. That was to counter New England Bull's statement that my post was dumb and that no coaches would ever reveal injury information, which just isn't true. I would venture to guess Joey will have some sort of update in time for tomorrow's game preview. However, it would be nice to have an update from the local beat writer on a major contributor's status within 72 hours following the injury, irrespective of whether or not our program is nationally relevant. 

My guess is he will have an update 1 hour after the game has already started.  That has been the norm on when his updates come out.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

That's not a dumb statement at all. A good beat reporter would have some sort of update, even if it is that he is day-to-day. 

Maybe just maybe the beat reporter knows if he reports on the info the athletic dept will **** him down going forward. It’s so easy to join the hate Joey Knight crowd...kind of boring. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

There’s a difference in hating Joey, which some do of course, and being annoyed that he’s either not providing info, is late on info, or flat out ignores when people try to ask info from him. There have been multiple times where I’ve seen info break before he’s reported anything on it.  I’m not really sure he has the best contacts or how hard he really tries to obtain a good contact. That’s annoying coming from the sole person who is supposed to be covering USF from the Bay Area’s largest paper/media outlet. You can’t blame fans for wanting better.  I’ve seen people try to ask him a question and he just ignores it.  If it’s about getting in trouble with USF, then what’s the harm in saying “we weren’t given info today?” 

Now, on the contrary. If fans that at least live in the area aren’t showing up to these games and still griping, then they have no room to talk. I’ve also seen plenty of good articles from JK. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

There’s a difference in hating Joey, which some do of course, and being annoyed that he’s either not providing info, is late on info, or flat out ignores when people try to ask info from him. There have been multiple times where I’ve seen info break before he’s reported anything on it.  I’m not really sure he has the best contacts or how hard he really tries to obtain a good contact. That’s annoying coming from the sole person who is supposed to be covering USF from the Bay Area’s largest paper/media outlet. You can’t blame fans for wanting better.  I’ve seen people try to ask him a question and he just ignores it.  If it’s about getting in trouble with USF, then what’s the harm in saying “we weren’t given info today?” 

Now, on the contrary. If fans that at least live in the area aren’t showing up to these games and still griping, then they have no room to talk. I’ve also seen plenty of good articles from JK. 

This is and has always been my complaint. I haven't nit-picked about the attendance reporting or alternative assignments he has been forced to cover. I do think following up with a report of some sort concerning the status of one of our best players isn't a big ask, even if the report is, reached out to the school and no news yet, will try and update tomorrow. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Maybe just maybe the beat reporter knows if he reports on the info the athletic dept will **** him down going forward. It’s so easy to join the hate Joey Knight crowd...kind of boring. 

It's even easier to say things like CBG is keeping it close to the vest in defense of Joey with absolutely no basis in fact for saying so. 

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

A journalist - and certainly one from a paper with as strong a history as the Times - attacks that head on and doesn't shy away from that. Believe me, he's not holding back info because he's worried USF will restrict his access. If he is, journalism truly is dead.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

It's even easier to say things like CBG is keeping it close to the vest in defense of Joey with absolutely no basis in fact for saying so. 

Just as much basis as your opinion...

38 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

A journalist - and certainly one from a paper with as strong a history as the Times - attacks that head on and doesn't shy away from that. Believe me, he's not holding back info because he's worried USF will restrict his access. If he is, journalism truly is dead.

I disagree. I respect your opinion Dave as I know you used to hustle your ass off for that wounderful publication “Bulls Eye”...which I still miss.To me this is an issue based on today’s world of everyone needing all the information about a team. Guess what...coaches don’t want that info released if it creates, in their opinion, a competitive disadvantage. Why would CBG want info to be provided to the media about his star player being hurt? It creates a competitive disadvantage if teams do this. CCS did the same thing as we did not know who was playing until gametime. The fans have no right to that information if it adversely impacts the team. In my opinion if Joey still got that info and printed it anyway it would be ****** journalism. At least he is not getting down to the level of TMZ or Barstool. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull