• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB Postseason Projection

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,881
  • Days Won:  33

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Other than we haven't beaten anyone ahead of us yet?  

We have and we have many more opportunities.

Again, watching how this team plays there is nothing to suggest they aren't capable of winning the AAC Tournament.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Other than we haven't beaten anyone ahead of us yet?  

True, but we have been extremely competitive against the teams that we have played. Should have beaten Temple on the road, competitive at Cincy, and we hung with Houston. We outplayed and outscored all of those teams in the second half. If we put a complete game together (and do a better job cutting down on turnovers) we are capable of beating any team in this conference. Wouldn't you agree with that? 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

True, but we have been extremely competitive against the teams that we have played. Should have beaten Temple on the road, competitive at Cincy, and we hung with Houston. We outplayed and outscored all of those teams in the second half. If we put a complete game together (and do a better job cutting down on turnovers) we are capable of beating any team in this conference. Wouldn't you agree with that? 

I would say yes to all of those teams except Hou. Memphis will be a tough out at their place but I have to revise my thinking and say yes we can beat them. Hou is at a different level but any thing can happen...especially with good defense. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

There is one thing we can be certain about, if we win tonight, we'll have a winning MBB season.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

When do you want Houston or Cinci?

Anywhere, anytime.  Bring 'em on baby

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Bulls are now ranked 69 in the NET heading into tonight’s game. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

If we play a perfect game?  Sure.  Likelihood of playing 3 of those in a row?  Not so much.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

This season is going better then most predicted it would. This is GREAT!!! The AAC is very competitive this season and if you don't bring it every game then you will get beaten by anybody. Still a lot of basketball to be played this season so USF can't let up now. 

In the next 9 games I see 5 games they must win, Home (Temple, ECU, UCF, and SMU). Road(Tulane). Those are the 5 must win games imo. That puts them at 21 regular season wins heading into the conference tournament. If the team is healthy and playing well then they definitely have a chance to win multiple conference tournament games then who knows.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,435
  • Days Won:  19

This season is going better then most predicted it would. This is GREAT!!! The AAC is very competitive this season and if you don't bring it every game then you will get beaten by anybody. Still a lot of basketball to be played this season so USF can't let up now. 

Amen, brother!  

I am not worrying about post-season, I am just happy if we keep improving as we move forward.   This is a much better team than it was even a few weeks ago.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/6/2019 at 6:19 PM, Jonesy Bull said:

We are not winning at Houston this year.  A win at home against Temple and UCF, however - possible to probable.

Wasn't saying we were.  But a Houston win would go a long way to making a case.  I don't expect a win.  

Right now I'm thinking 21 or maybe 22 wins is the best possible record.  That won't get us in the tournament, but will probably give us a solid seed in the NIT.  

Next year we need to get in - that's my expectation.