• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Signing Day Be Prepared.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

We only signed 19 kids and we're 3rd or 4th in the conference depending on which service you prefer....   #DemandExcellence I guess 

"I know some here will still meltdown because TBP has never met a reason to meltdown it didn't like but I figured I would still put this out there...... "   Why even bother going back and fourth with them? lol I realized its better to just let them meltdown sometimes. This recruiting class is awesome. We had a good class last year. Add in the transfers and next year will be a new team and plenty of seasoned talent. I'm very optimistic for next year and when we actually do ball out, I will ensure all the doubters eats crow. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

35 minutes ago, bullcocky101 said:

The recruiting of CCS has been a disappointment so far. No reason that we shouldn't have a top class in the conference year in and year out.

Why do you believe that?  What makes us so special?  Is it all of our conference championships?  Our state of the art practice facilities?  Our massive fan base?

Getting the top class would be great, but to expect it is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Why do you believe that?  What makes us so special?  Is it all of our conference championships?  Our state of the art practice facilities?  Our massive fan base?

Getting the top class would be great, but to expect it is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I really don't know what he's on about even if he's using "because we're in Florida"  as his reason.  If that's the logic then we really should be considered we're golden as long as we are in the top 5.  US and C are both in FL, SMU and Houston are in Texas which is just as big of a football hotbed, and Cinci is in Ohio which is another great football state.  Then you have Memphis which is in an ok football state but their program has been solid for quite a while.  If we're top 5 we are recruiting just fine when you consider variances in coaching turn over, record, available schollies/class size, etc.  This class is very solid but not spectacular and it's ratings reflect that.

We are right in the normal range even with losing 6 straight games, losing 5 coaches one way or another, and limited schollies available.  Some people just aren't happy unless their upset 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

23 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

"I know some here will still meltdown because TBP has never met a reason to meltdown it didn't like but I figured I would still put this out there...... "   Why even bother going back and fourth with them? lol I realized its better to just let them meltdown sometimes. This recruiting class is awesome. We had a good class last year. Add in the transfers and next year will be a new team and plenty of seasoned talent. I'm very optimistic for next year and when we actually do ball out, I will ensure all the doubters eats crow. 

IMO we have greatly improved on offense, although that is yet to be seen.

BUT, unfortunately we still have most of the same coaches back on a defense that showed no signs of improvement last year. IF our defense is predicated on the play of one LB, it's going to be another long year. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

IMO we have greatly improved on offense, although that is yet to be seen.

BUT, unfortunately we still have most of the same coaches back on a defense that showed no signs of improvement last year. IF our defense is predicated on the play of one LB, it's going to be another long year. 

We lost Restivo, Adams and Cogdell. So far we replaced Cogdell. We still have to replace 2 more coaches. That means we will be replacing 3 out of 5 defensive coaches.....how do we still have most of the same coaches? as foror offense. we have three players that all possibly run a 4.3 40yd dash in McDoom, Horne and Joiner. (2) 1000 yard rusher and a redshirt freshman bruiser back. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, bullcocky101 said:

The recruiting of CCS has been a disappointment so far. No reason that we shouldn't have a top class in the conference year in and year out.

When has that ever happend????

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

When has that ever happend????

Exactly...

As has been proven about 50 times, our recruiting looks exactly like it did under xCJL, xCSH, and xCWT, yet people love to believe we used to be some sort of powerhouse.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

FB_IMG_1549468677865.jpg

And what makes that not an outlier? 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125