• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This morning in the American Athletic MBB

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

I don't know if any of these schools had a cancellation, but if that's what we're going to argue, then Wofford did have one with Stanford. 

Not arguing at all and I appreciate all of your research.  I was just stating that I doubt you can add a game mid season unless you have a cancellation or other unusual factor.

GO BULLS!

Edited by 79 Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

I am as excited about this team as anyone.  But let's be realistic.  We are a young, aggressive, and improving team, but we are not world-beaters--yet.  The game at SMU will be telling and I don't want to think beyond that game.  We have never won there. In fact, we have never come within 25 points of winning there and they are no slouch.  If we beat Temple, Tulsa, Tulane (again), and East Carolina (again) we should make the NIT.  We have yet to show that we can beat a decent team on the road.  Without Yetna we will likely have to change our game plans. I do think the league is improving.  If Gregory doesn't get Coach of the Year, I'll be disappointed.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I call BS on this...what team would schedule now so late and when everyone is in conference play. I will be shocked if a game is added. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, abochner said:

I am as excited about this team as anyone.  But let's be realistic.  We are a young, aggressive, and improving team, but we are not world-beaters--yet.  The game at SMU will be telling and I don't want to think beyond that game.  We have never won there. In fact, we have never come within 25 points of winning there and they are no slouch.  If we beat Temple, Tulsa, Tulane (again), and East Carolina (again) we should make the NIT.  We have yet to show that we can beat a decent team on the road.  Without Yetna we will likely have to change our game plans. I do think the league is improving.  If Gregory doesn't get Coach of the Year, I'll be disappointed.

How many times have we played them and when?

28 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

How many times have we played them and when?

SMU has owned us at Moody Arena. I have not made my prediction yet but as of now I am not feeling it for this game. Tough to win in the road in this conference.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

5 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Is adding games midseason really a thing?   There's a lot that goes into making these schedules and setting up travel.   And I don't think we need "help" getting into the NIT if we just take care of our business

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, abochner said:

The game at SMU will be telling and I don't want to think beyond that game.  We have never won there. In fact, we have never come within 25 points of winning there and they are no slouch. 

Although I personally don't think that history means much of anything, one way or another, that's not accurate. We have won there and and have come closer than 25 in losses.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

SMU has owned us at Moody Arena. I have not made my prediction yet but as of now I am not feeling it for this game. Tough to win in the road in this conference.

Haven't most teams "owned" us the past several seasons?  And yes, winning on the road is tough in most conferences.  Just win out at home and get one at Tulane and maybe UConn and we have a double digit conference win season.   Not too shabby

7 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Haven't most teams "owned" us the past several seasons?  And yes, winning on the road is tough in most conferences.  Just win out at home and get one at Tulane and maybe UConn and we have a double digit conference win season.   Not too shabby

I’ll take it