• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So where are the Publix lovers now?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

56 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Good thing some of y’all live in Florida where the doctors specialize in widening those  arteries.

I widen my arteries with daily doses of Bourbon 🥃.😎

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, I Bleed Awesomeness said:

When I lived in Lakeland, aka Publixville, it was the best option. Obviously better than going to Walmart to get groceries. But I'm also smart enough to know/see through all the publix **** sucking that goes on in lakeland, and here on tbp.  To be honest, now that I'm gone I feel like a former Sea Org member of Scientology, that finally saw the light escaped downtown Clearwater. I'm just worried that Puc has become so outspoken that Publix is going to now declare him a "Supressive Person", and try to ruin his life. Unfortunately for them however, you can't kill what's already dead inside. It's like trying to kill a stripper... What's the point.

What is wrong with buying groceries at Walmart?

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Mostly that there are other people in Walmart buying groceries. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

17 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer where I get my oil changed and where I buy my eggs to be 2 totally different establishments.  Costco is the exception to that rule, however.  They've cleverly figured out a way to put lipstick on a pig by charging an annual membership fee, which I gladly pay.  Generally keeps the shoeless hobos from farting on my broccoli in the produce aisle before I consume it. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, I Bleed Awesomeness said:

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer where I get my oil changed and where I buy my eggs to be 2 totally different establishments.  Costco is the exception to that rule, however.  They've cleverly figured out a way to put lipstick on a pig by charging an annual membership fee, which I gladly pay.  Generally keeps the shoeless hobos from farting on my broccoli in the produce aisle before I consume it. 

I’ve never been in a Costco where they do oil changes.   As a Costco Business Exectutive Member, my membership never costs me a dime, infact it puts money in my pocket.

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/4/2019 at 3:49 PM, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

All that work😱  

All the work of actually cooking macaroni and real cheese from scratch! 👨🏻‍🍳

I don't understand the diss.

Regardless of the product you are purchasing from Publix (I cited an example my 5 year old would eat), there is a markup. The markup has always been positioned based on quality (that box of kraft is the same everywhere) and service.

If they are eliminating the service aspect of their niche I have no reason to shop there. I will get my boxed staples from Walmart and source meats and veggies from other grocers. Luckily outside of Florida there is more diversity in this market!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,735
  • Days Won:  3

Interesting Green-n-White discussion. We used to be season ticket holders to Publix. 

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716

On 2/1/2019 at 2:53 PM, &rew Bull said:

✋ Right here. I've gone 5 times in the past week.

Everyone knows you go for the chicken strips or fried chicken anyways. The breading to meat ratio on popcorn chicken is way off.

Quick personal Publix chicken related update. My wife just arrived home with popcorn chicken. I let her know that her timing was poor as I had just recently gone on the record about fried chicken rankings.

• Haha 1