• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So where are the Publix lovers now?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

23 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Let me guess, she doesn't read the Bullspen.

She does but I tell her my name is CousinRicky which she finds odd since my name isn’t Ricky. “We” think that Puc86 guy is a real douche.

Edited by puc86

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

She does but I tell her my name is CousinRicky which she finds odd since my name isn’t Ricky. “We” think that Puc86 guy is a real douche.

Funny, neither is mine.  

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Funny, neither is mine.  

Ain’t anonymity grand? She probably wonders why that puc86 guy has a picture of me attached to him though 🤔

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Publix lover right here!

Still love Publix.  I have bought popcorn chicken in the past and will prob do so again in the future.

I def will buy the mojo pork and fried chicken in the future... very likely this week!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Already got my wings ready to go for tomorrow. 

Went to Publix today they were out of non breaded wings, they asked if I wanted them to check on them in the back or just buy the cold ones. I said to go ahead and check they came back and said none were started but they could make me some in 20 minutes. I had them make them. Then I went to get blue cheese burgers, they didn’t have any out, eventually the lady working behind the meat realized she couldn’t ignore me long enough for me to go away. She said she would look to see if they had any in the back. They of course did not and couldn’t make any since they were out of chuck aside for the hundreds of pounds of it in the meat display. I weaved between the stock people that took up major aisle ways and can’t bother to move and then act annoyed and as if you are bothering them by needing something they are blocking. Eventually I was able to go get my wings and then checkout. The young lady working the register and the bag boy had a long drawn out conversation that made me feel I was interrupting their private time and then of course they always ask at the end if I found everything I was looking for which 💯 percent of the time is no which is met with a blank stare and no follow up question. Publix sucks. It sucked in Miami, it sucked in Hollywood, it sucked in Fort Lauderdale, it sucked in Tampa and it sucks in Lakeland. There is no way everyone isn’t experiencing the same mediocrity you just have been trained to ignore it with the hopes your stock will keep rising but now it’s hit a wall because spoiler alert Publix isn’t great and it’s not making effort to try to be.  

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Went to Publix today they were out of non breaded wings, they asked if I wanted them to check on them in the back or just buy the cold ones. I said to go ahead and check they came back and said none were started but they could make me some in 20 minutes. I had them make them. Then I went to get blue cheese burgers, they didn’t have any out, eventually the lady working behind the meat realized she couldn’t ignore me long enough for me to go away. She said she would look to see if they had any in the back. They of course did not and couldn’t make any since they were out of chuck aside for the hundreds of pounds of it in the meat display. I weaved between the stock people that took up major aisle ways and can’t bother to move and then act annoyed and as if you are bothering them by needing something they are blocking. Eventually I was able to go get my wings and then checkout. The young lady working the register and the bag boy had a long drawn out conversation that made me feel I was interrupting their private time and then of course they always ask at the end if I found everything I was looking for which 💯 percent of the time is no which is met with a blank stare and no follow up question. Publix sucks. It sucked in Miami, it sucked in Hollywood, it sucked in Fort Lauderdale, it sucked in Tampa and it sucks in Lakeland. There is no way everyone isn’t experiencing the same mediocrity you just have been trained to ignore it with the hopes your stock will keep rising but now it’s hit a wall because spoiler alert Publix isn’t great and it’s not making effort to try to be.   

Why in God's name would you keep trying them in Miami, Hollywood, Ft Lauderdale, Tampa and Lakeland if it continually sucked?

I'm guessing disgruntled ex-bag boy ............. and the stock is doing just fine.

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Why in God's name would you keep trying them in Miami, Hollywood, Ft Lauderdale, Tampa and Lakeland if it continually sucked?

I'm guessing disgruntled ex-bag boy ............. and the stock is doing just fine.

Because they are often times the closest grocery store and they aren’t the absolute worst they are the absolute middle of the pack which is a fine place to be but not worth the praise and admiration that is heaped on them. Lucky’s is my favorite grocery store followed by Fresh Market, Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. I preferred Publix Greenwise stores when they existed and no I have never worked at Publix but it’s reasonable to assume I would be disguntled since most of the staff seems miserable and disengaged although they will lie and say Publix is great with a hopes of boosting their stock which has flatlined.

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

35 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Because they are often times the closest grocery store and they aren’t the absolute worst they are the absolute middle of the pack which is a fine place to be but not worth the praise and admiration that is heaped on them. Lucky’s is my favorite grocery store followed by Fresh Market, Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. I preferred Publix Greenwise stores when they existed and no I have never worked at Publix but it’s reasonable to assume I would be disguntled since most of the staff seems miserable and disengaged although they will lie and say Publix is great with a hopes of boosting their stock which has flatlined.

1) Greenwise is in South Tampa.

2) Fresh Market, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods... you could have saved everyone the trouble in this thread by leading with that. 

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

1) Greenwise is in South Tampa.

2) Fresh Market, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods... you could have saved everyone the trouble in this thread by leading with that. 

What about Lucky’s? If it wasn’t for thebullspen I would probably be politely indifferent towards Publix. For some reason Publix is the most celebrated thing on the board beyond even USF and while topics that marginally venture off topic are moved Publix idiocy is championed. Publix is okay and it makes no attempts to be exceptional at anything but you would be hard pressed to tell that from reading this board.

• Upvote 1