• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Article

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I guess technically it is blog but really what does it matter. They do interviews, they provide other media forms, they have media credentials to all USF sports, etc. when one reads what they publish it reads like an article. Regardless, to get pissed off at their articles is being thin skinned. 

They have media credentials from USF and are more legit than some are willing to admit.  Mike Kelly interacts with them often on twitter and in the real world.  They are far from just some rando's typing into the the ether like some here portray them as.  The fact that USF issues them press credentials shows you that USF thinks they are legit media.   I'll take USF's word on them before I do people here who just say it to take a shot at them.  I don't always agree with TDS but to pretend they aren't legit is just foolish.   

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I guess technically it is blog but really what does it matter. They do interviews, they provide other media forms, they have media credentials to all USF sports, etc. when one reads what they publish it reads like an article. Regardless, to get pissed off at their articles is being thin skinned. 

In another thread, we have four pages of arguing about whether or not we should talk about where a former player is transferring to. I don't get the sense anyone is "pissed off" about a TDS article, but we're **** sure going to tear it apart and argue over it. It's what we do.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

16 minutes ago, JTrue said:

In another thread, we have four pages of arguing about whether or not we should talk about where a former player is transferring to. I don't get the sense anyone is "pissed off" about a TDS article, but we're **** sure going to tear it apart and argue over it. It's what we do.

...and tear each other apart in the process too. We're sooo good at bringing these things to a personal level. Mad skills.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

...and tear each other apart in the process too. We're sooo good at bringing these things to a personal level. Mad skills.

I'm assuming this is a comment that carries over from some other thread/discussion, because there isn't a personal level anything in this one.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

5936B757-E9D0-471C-8537-621046257503.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

The article is spot on; there are a number of stretches where DC looks very uncomfortable in the offense. Many people expected the Collins of the last quarter of last season, and that hasn’t really been the case. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

They have media credentials from USF and are more legit than some are willing to admit.  Mike Kelly interacts with them often on twitter and in the real world.  They are far from just some rando's typing into the the ether like some here portray them as.  The fact that USF issues them press credentials shows you that USF thinks they are legit media.   I'll take USF's word on them before I do people here who just say it to take a shot at them.  I don't always agree with TDS but to pretend they aren't legit is just foolish.   

****, another **** storm I apparently started. Just to clarify what I originally said, it was pertaining to NEB's comment about people ******** on the Tampa media on everything, which of course is usually TBT, but includes other public media outlets in the area. I just can't lump TDS in the same media category as them. They're primarily a fan site ...... and if memory serves me correctly, Brad has said that he could get USF press credentials for someone from this board so USF "legitimizing" them still doesn't do anything for me as far as including them with the Tampa media ..... with all due respect to Brad and TBP, of course. 🤘

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm not in the camp that he's slumping terribly.  Just arguing for arguing's sake.  But he isn't shooting the ball as well and is turning it over at a higher rate.  He does seem to be playing better D but not sure how you quantify that.  And playing better D may be part of the reason he has more minutes this year over last.  CBG seems to put a premium on that.

One way to quantify it is looking at steals. Where's he's averaging .7 more turnovers a game, he's averaging 1.3 more steals ... but I think you're absolutely correct about the more minutes ...... especially considering he's not as efficient.

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Edit: So if that line about slumping terrible was taken out of the article how would you feel about the rest of it?

I will reassess the situation using that criteria and get back to you.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, Triple B said:

****, another **** storm I apparently started. Just to clarify what I originally said, it was pertaining to NEB's comment about people ******** on the Tampa media on everything, which of course is usually TBT, but includes other public media outlets in the area. I just can't lump TDS in the same media category as them. They're primarily a fan site ...... and if memory serves me correctly, Brad has said that he could get USF press credentials for someone from this board so USF "legitimizing" them still doesn't do anything for me as far as including them with the Tampa media ..... with all due respect to Brad and TBP, of course. 🤘

Nice going man, you start a shitstorm then show up at the end...😂🤘. No, your point is correct, although they are media, I would not put them at the same level as Tampa’s papers. That I can agree on.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

28 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Nice going man, you start a shitstorm then show up at the end...😂🤘. No, your point is correct, although they are media, I would not put them at the same level as Tampa’s papers. That I can agree on.

Higher?  From what I read on here there isn't a lot of love for the TBT.