• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Article

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

32 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

It is amazing how different people read the same thing and get different views.  I read this thread first and thought that they just ripped him. Nothing was said that isn't true. Mentioned he hasn't turned the ball over as much the last couple of games and that he's shooting better from the FT line in conference play.  But CBG always has good analysis.  The lane does have more of our players there on the offensive end and DC does bull is way in there at times.  He proceeds to get a charging call, just throw the ball up toward the basket or make a bad pass. I thought the article was fine.

If you read my original comment I stated that they're not fully wrong with what they're saying.  They provided a lot of facts but the general feel of the article from my point of view is that it's negative.  They want him to live up to his tournament play from last year, which is understanding, but this team is a lot more balanced than it used to be which more than likely contributes to some part of him not performing the same.  I found it to be an interesting take on a guy that's our leading scorer. 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

It would have been more accurate to take the three players we rotate at the wing, and throw the lot of them under the bus. The offensive play there has been streaky at best, often timid, and at worst, sloppy ball handling with poor shooting. I think the author is getting hung up on the few occasions where nobody shows up at that position, which happen to coincide with our losses.

Edited by George Jenkins
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,069
  • Days Won:  56

DC needs to develop a mid-range game. If he had that, it would be huge. He ALWAYS tries to take the ball all the way to the rim - even in heavy traffic - when he should pull up or tear drop. If he can diversify his offensive game a little instead of just putting his head down all the time, he'd be a special player because he's so strong.

7 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

It would have been more accurate to take the three players we rotate at the wing, and throw the lot of them under the bus. The offensive play there has been streaky at best, often timid, and at worst, sloppy ball handling with poor shooting. I think the author is getting hung up on the few occasions where nobody shows up at that position, which happen to coincide with our losses.

NO DOUBT. If we had more consistent perimeter play from Brown and Lang, we'd be nearly unbeatable.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

9 hours ago, HornHead said:

They are only pointing out the fact that he was the one who was supposed to carry this team because he has tremendous potential

He was only supposed to carry the team because because of all the unknowns coming into the season and he was the best returning player we had. That could have been done in a couple of paragraphs, focusing a heckuvalot more on how the team around him as changed.

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Nothing was said that isn't true

We apparently have differing definitions on what a slump is ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We apparently have differing definitions on what a slump is ...

The stats he gave are accurate.  I would call it a season long slump.

53 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

If you read my original comment I stated that they're not fully wrong with what they're saying.  They provided a lot of facts but the general feel of the article from my point of view is that it's negative.  They want him to live up to his tournament play from last year, which is understanding, but this team is a lot more balanced than it used to be which more than likely contributes to some part of him not performing the same.  I found it to be an interesting take on a guy that's our leading scorer. 

Bottom line is that MBB is going along pretty well right now. The FT thing has been beaten to death so they had to look elsewhere for an article like that. DC was a simplistic target.

Just now, CousinRicky said:

The stats he gave are accurate.  I would call it a season long slump.

Averaging 4 more ppg than he did last season ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

It is amazing how different people read the same thing and get different views.  I read this thread first and thought that they just ripped him. Nothing was said that isn't true. Mentioned he hasn't turned the ball over as much the last couple of games and that he's shooting better from the FT line in conference play.  But CBG always has good analysis.  The lane does have more of our players there on the offensive end and DC does bull is way in there at times.  He proceeds to get a charging call, just throw the ball up toward the basket or make a bad pass. I thought the article was fine.

I was not going to say it (did not want to cause a **** storm) but since you started it I completely agree with your analysis. Some on this board are so ridiculously over sensitive about the media it is comical. There is is little to nothing in that article that is not true. There is such hatred toward the Tampa media that even when something positive is said many turn it around and make s negative. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

33 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was not going to say it (did not want to cause a **** storm) but since you started it I completely agree with your analysis. Some on this board are so ridiculously over sensitive about the media it is comical. There is is little to nothing in that article that is not true. There is such hatred toward the Tampa media that even when something positive is said many turn it around and make s negative. 

I'm not at all being sensitive about the media.  I have no problem with 90% of the articles written, especially now, but they reach for things to write about sometimes.  As stated before, I didn't say that what they're mentioning is false but there's been a negative feel around TDS for the past year at least.  You're saying that this tagline which introduces the article is taking a positive and turning into a negative?

USF Needs David Collins to Find His Shooting Stroke

Collins has 65 turnovers in 20 games this year. And that’s only part of the problem.