• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Article

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Head scratching that in an upward trend in basketball they take the time to write an article overly critiquing this kid’s play. He’s the leading scorer and is in the top 25 nationally for steals. Not everything has to be rainbows and sunshine but I guess I’m just surprised that this is what they chose to focus on. I’m also not saying they’re fully wrong, but seems like a waste of a write. I hope this kid reads this article and has the game of his life Saturday. Go Bulls. 

https://www.thedailystampede.com/platform/amp/2019/1/28/18193837/usf-needs-david-collins-to-find-his-shooting-stroke-brian-gregory-basketball-aac-alexis-yetna#click=https://t.co/Nvfm2x9UUf

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Style of play is also different this year. It’s not an “every man for himself” mess like we’ve seen the past few seasons. There’s more organization and more chemistry, thus contributing to more dispersed scoring. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

TDS gonna TDS.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

People still read the **** Sherwin and co write?

• Haha 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Just another shoddy piece of journalism ....

The question is: Will his slump end in time for the Bulls to finish the season strong? Yetna and Rideau need him to step up over the last ten games to help push the Bulls to a possible NIT or CBI bid. This team is succeeding with one of their best players slumping, just imagine what they could be like when he figures it out.

He's averaging almost 15 pts a game in conf play, which means he's averaging more in conference play than in ooc .... and 5 more ppg than last year. Not my definition of a slump. DC's play this year is maybe worthy of a couple of paragraphs, primarily because of the turnovers, but then he's really upped his defensive game so that's more than a wash ..... shoddy journalism.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  78
  • Days Won:  0

I liked the article and generally like the work they do at TDS. They are only pointing out the fact that he was the one who was supposed to carry this team because he has tremendous potential. I think DC and CBG know that he's capable of more, and I'm sure we will see it before the season is over. 

Edited by HornHead
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Collins is playing in the same offense he played in last season.  It's just more talent this year and also his roll isn't to do that.  Team first, he's played excellent defense and has contributed to the teams success.  I think the worst thing that happened last season was he scored 30... I think many assumed he could do it at will.  Also, last season he was the best guy we  put on the floor, this season he isn't.  Collins will be fine, these guys are young and different nights they'll need different players to do different things.  No doubt in my mind he'll have a game where he just goes off... but he doesn't have to do that for us to win. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

and the TDS has garbage analysis ... 

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

TDS:DNR

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

It is amazing how different people read the same thing and get different views.  I read this thread first and thought that they just ripped him. Nothing was said that isn't true. Mentioned he hasn't turned the ball over as much the last couple of games and that he's shooting better from the FT line in conference play.  But CBG always has good analysis.  The lane does have more of our players there on the offensive end and DC does bull is way in there at times.  He proceeds to get a charging call, just throw the ball up toward the basket or make a bad pass. I thought the article was fine.