Jump to content
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

King really needs to get an OC position somewhere to prove himself as strategist. His resume so far does not have that element. 

Almost all offensive coordinators were promoted from being a position coach. King has already OVERacheived as a position coach. QF had one of his best years under SK. When Marlon Mack went to the NFL we was worried about who would fill in his shoes and King had three players **** near get 1000 yards a piece. Even last year, we had a 1000 yd running back and a true freshman that had almost 800 rushing yards. Hell even Blake Barnett had about 500 yds rushing. Google his background. I'd rather simply promote him while he is here. I mean hell most head coaches hired have never been head coaches before but people still hire them as a head coach right?

Coaching Experience
Year School/Team Assignment
2006 Gibbs HS Asst. Head Coach/Offense
2008 Gibbs HS Quarterbacks
2015 Big County Preps Quarterbacks
2015-16 Team Tampa 7-on-7 Asst. Head Coach/Offense
2016 USF Quarterbacks
2017-pres USF Running Backs
Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Almost all offensive coordinators were promoted from being a position coach. King has already OVERacheived as a position coach. QF had one of his best years under SK. When Marlon Mack went to the NFL we was worried about who would fill in his shoes and King had three players **** near get 1000 yards a piece. Even last year, we had a 1000 yd running back and a true freshman that had almost 800 rushing yards. Hell even Blake Barnett had about 500 yds rushing. Google his background. I'd rather simply promote him while he is here. I mean hell most head coaches hired have never been head coaches before but people still hire them as a head coach right?

Coaching Experience
Year School/Team Assignment
2006 Gibbs HS Asst. Head Coach/Offense
2008 Gibbs HS Quarterbacks
2015 Big County Preps Quarterbacks
2015-16 Team Tampa 7-on-7 Asst. Head Coach/Offense
2016 USF Quarterbacks
2017-pres USF Running Backs

Those in bold are nice but again he needs to be an OC on the collegiate level. I just don’t see him getting that opportunity here anytime soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Almost all offensive coordinators were promoted from being a position coach. King has already OVERacheived as a position coach. QF had one of his best years under SK. When Marlon Mack went to the NFL we was worried about who would fill in his shoes and King had three players **** near get 1000 yards a piece. Even last year, we had a 1000 yd running back and a true freshman that had almost 800 rushing yards. Hell even Blake Barnett had about 500 yds rushing. Google his background. I'd rather simply promote him while he is here. I mean hell most head coaches hired have never been head coaches before but people still hire them as a head coach right?

Coaching Experience
Year School/Team Assignment
2006 Gibbs HS Asst. Head Coach/Offense
2008 Gibbs HS Quarterbacks
2015 Big County Preps Quarterbacks
2015-16 Team Tampa 7-on-7 Asst. Head Coach/Offense
2016 USF Quarterbacks
2017-pres USF Running Backs

You can do all the homework you want and check all the necessary boxes on the way up the ladder, but in the end, the only way to know if a guy can do the job is to give him the job.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JTrue said:

You can do all the homework you want and check all the necessary boxes on the way up the ladder, but in the end, the only way to know if a guy can do the job is to give him the job.

So that begs the question, is USF the level of program that SK should get his OJT? Lots of risk, but maybe lots of reward too? Or does the Peter Principle kick in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 29, 2019 at 7:06 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

CJL, CWT, they all have ruined me...

What, CSH didn't touch your No-No spot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On January 29, 2019 at 9:54 PM, Triple B said:

He pretty much spelled things out on his Welcome thread. Not sure why you're confounded ....

because nobody actually reads welcome threads. lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

What, CSH didn't touch your No-No spot?

😂😂😂...no all USF FB coaches have killed me mentally 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 9:54 PM, Triple B said:

He pretty much spelled things out on his Welcome thread. Not sure why you're confounded ....

 

45 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

because nobody actually reads welcome threads. lol.

Valid point ..... except I checked before posting that and he had replied in G8R’s welcome thread. I’m a professional, man ....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

 

Valid point ..... except I checked before posting that and he had replied in G8R’s welcome thread. I’m a professional, man ....

with too much time on your hands.  :guinness:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

with too much time on your hands.  :guinness:

An understatement of immense proportions ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...