• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

On 1/29/2019 at 7:32 AM, CousinRicky said:

Please do.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I remember but I'm still confused as to why he's here.  I guess he's a CCS fan.  As long as he buys season tix and starts donating.  It doesn't really sound like a split allegiance between USF and UF.

If I said "we" when I have Gator in my screen name, it would confuse people even more. Especially in a thread titled "USF Gators".

USF didn't have a football team when I was there (thanks, Francis Borkowski), but I was very involved in the push to get one started. Radenko Dobras was the biggest star athlete on campus back then.

Edited by G8RLegist
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, G8RLegist said:

If I said "we" when I have Gator in my screen name, it would confuse people even more. Especially in a thread titled "USF Gators".

USF didn't have a football team when I was there (thanks, Francis Borkowski), but I was very involved in the push to get one started. Radenko Dobras was the biggest star athlete on campus back then.

And he's still a big guy.  Seems to be a gentle giant.

4 hours ago, G8RLegist said:

Don’t bad mouth Borkowski as he was the one who approved the feasibility study. Prior to him no one even bothered. The first two presidents did not have the balls. Castor took the study and moved it to the next level. 

As long as they can build us up to curb stomp UF on the football field in a few years, then whatever ...

1 hour ago, BayIslandBull said:

As long as they can build us up to curb stomp UF on the football field in a few years, then whatever ...

You may have missed your window of opportunity. If you had caught UF during the SwampDonkey years you would have had a good shot.

On 1/29/2019 at 2:37 PM, JTrue said:

We're on page 3 of this thread and just getting warmed up. It sure as hell is a story!

Touché... up to page 5.... 

1 hour ago, G8RLegist said:

You may have missed your window of opportunity. If you had caught UF during the SwampDonkey years you would have had a good shot.

I heard that same kind of arrogance in Tallahassee in 2009.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

I heard that same kind of arrogance in Tallahassee in 2009.

Not arrogance.  The Gators were just a really bad team under McElwain.  They are halfway decent now. That said, if Kerwin is still running the show in four years, USF will be a very strong team.

Edited by G8RLegist

On 1/29/2019 at 10:50 AM, BrassBulls12 said:

He took a year in JUCO

Hopefully Burnett has grown up over the last year. Excellent athlete, but my only memories of his playing time are him getting unsportsmanlike, personal foul, late hit, and trash talking penalties. But that was his freshman year.  CCS will get him right.