• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The American Mens Basketball Standings this morning

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

10 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Maybe we can get an on campus arena, you know, like Memphis who is averaging 15,000 this year.  Wait, what?  Memphis doesn't play on campus?  Impossible.

There was that one year where we played at the St. Pete Times/TBT Forum/Ice Palace/Amalie Arena. Worked out pretty well. I think you may be on to something.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

31 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

There was that one year where we played at the St. Pete Times/TBT Forum/Ice Palace/Amalie Arena. Worked out pretty well. I think you may be on to something.

The Arena was not built on Indian Burial Grounds - thus the NCAA Tournament season.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

It is amazing what bringing in Penny Hardaway as coach has done for their attendance.  Think the stat I saw on the TV screen said they went from 6 or 8k to the 15k this year.  When my daughter was young she was a big Penny fan. Took her to a Sixers game when they were playing the Magic but she couldn't get his autograph.  She would have a chance on Saturday except she can't be there.

I think I have seen a total of 4 nba games in my lifetime. I could not pick out a Penny Hardaway in a line up. Never could watch the NBA. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think I have seen a total of 4 nba games in my lifetime. I could not pick out a Penny Hardaway in a line up. Never could watch the NBA. 

I've been a Sixers fan all my life including that horrendous 9 win season - believe back in the early 70s.  Haven't followed as closely since moving down here in '02. 

And back to college BB, the first USF game I attended was because they were playing Villanova.  I was/am a 'nova fan.  They were #2 in the country at the time but one of their 3 star guards was out.  USF had a shot at the buzzer to win the game. I left there a USF MBB fan.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I've been a Sixers fan all my life including that horrendous 9 win season - believe back in the early 70s.  Haven't followed as closely since moving down here in '02. 

And back to college BB, the first USF game I attended was because they were playing Villanova.  I was/am a 'nova fan.  They were #2 in the country at the time but one of their 3 star guards was out.  USF had a shot at the buzzer to win the game. I left there a USF MBB fan.  

That’s a good memory. The first USF game I can remember attending was against Georgetown. My best memory was against Western Kentucky (I think in 86) and USF was down 7 with 30 seconds to go and won on the last shot of the game. Sun Dome went absolutely nuts. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, Triple B said:

And just as a point of interest, their FT shooting is worse than ours ...

Tako Bell is shooting something like 24% from the FT line.  That's the worst in NCAA in 17 years.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Tako Bell is shooting something like 24% from the FT line.  That's the worst in NCAA in 17 years.

Wait, that’s his real name?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

13 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

Wait, that’s his real name?

Actually Tacko Fall, but I like Ocala's version better.  I wonder if the fans get free chalupas if he shoots 50% from the line?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That’s a good memory. The first USF game I can remember attending was against Georgetown. My best memory was against Western Kentucky (I think in 86) and USF was down 7 with 30 seconds to go and won on the last shot of the game. Sun Dome went absolutely nuts. 

I told my GF walking out of the Houston game that I left that game with about a minute left pissed off.  Walking back to my dorm I heard the Dome explode.  Dobras was the man

31 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

I told my GF walking out of the Houston game that I left that game with about a minute left pissed off.  Walking back to my dorm I heard the Dome explode.  Dobras was the man

Have seen him at games but finally met him, briefly, in the Hardwood Club a few weeks ago.  I'm assuming he's an Iron Bull.