• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The American Mens Basketball Standings this morning

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Glad that UCF lost yesterday. Hopefully it leads to a collapse for them. I don't want them making the tournament this season, as we are poised to surpass them next year. They lose 4 of their top 7 players to graduation and one would expect that with Taylor, Allen, and Fall leaving they will have to find a new identity next season. 

I would really like for us to have at least the #6 seed heading into the conference tournament. That would give us a relatively easy opening round game against one of ECU/Wichita St./Tulane and then we would avoid the two strongest teams (Cincy and Houston) in the second round. From what I have seen thus far, I would like our chances against UCF/Temple/Memphis.

As for how we close out, I could see us going between 8-2 and 3-7 over the final 10 regular season games, with 6-4 being the most likely outcome. Getting a win over Memphis is key, as they are one of the teams that we only play once and would give us the tie-breaker advantage over them for tournament seeding purposes. Finish strong Bulls and let's hope for the best! 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

Glad that UCF lost yesterday. Hopefully it leads to a collapse for them. I don't want them making the tournament this season, as we are poised to surpass them next year. They lose 4 of their top 7 players to graduation and one would expect that with Taylor, Allen, and Fall leaving they will have to find a new identity next season. 

I would really like for us to have at least the #6 seed heading into the conference tournament. That would give us a relatively easy opening round game against one of ECU/Wichita St./Tulane and then we would avoid the two strongest teams (Cincy and Houston) in the second round. From what I have seen thus far, I would like our chances against UCF/Temple/Memphis.

As for how we close out, I could see us going between 8-2 and 3-7 over the final 10 regular season games, with 6-4 being the most likely outcome. Getting a win over Memphis is key, as they are one of the teams that we only play once and would give us the tie-breaker advantage over them for tournament seeding purposes. Finish strong Bulls and let's hope for the best! 

Memphis looked strong yesterday but getting them at the YC is key. Got to win those home games. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

That we even are talking about NIT and conference tournament seeds at this time of year is a tribute to Gregory's coaching and the buy in from these players.  Consider that eight of the nine top players return next year and positive feeling around the team that will undoubtedly help recruiting and the future looks bright.  Now what do need to do to to get the attendance up to where it should be?  Let's fill the YC on Saturday for what should be a tough but entertaining game.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

UCF looked BAD yesterday. It was astonishing to me to see they had only lost 2 conference games prior. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, OcalaBull2 said:

UCF looked BAD yesterday. It was astonishing to me to see they had only lost 2 conference games prior. 

And just as a point of interest, their FT shooting is worse than ours ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, abochner said:

That we even are talking about NIT and conference tournament seeds at this time of year is a tribute to Gregory's coaching and the buy in from these players.  Consider that eight of the nine top players return next year and positive feeling around the team that will undoubtedly help recruiting and the future looks bright.  Now what do need to do to to get the attendance up to where it should be?  Let's fill the YC on Saturday for what should be a tough but entertaining game.

Maybe we can get an on campus arena, you know, like Memphis who is averaging 15,000 this year.  Wait, what?  Memphis doesn't play on campus?  Impossible.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

34 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Maybe we can get an on campus arena, you know, like Memphis who is averaging 15,000 this year.  Wait, what?  Memphis doesn't play on campus?  Impossible.

I know your saying this tongue in cheek but Memphis has a pretty storied tradition...us? Not so much. Memphis could play 30 miles away and still bring in a decent amount of fans. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

26 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Memphis could play 30 miles away and still bring in a decent amount of fans. 

Hopefully we don't see evidence of that on Saturday ....

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

They usually travel well to the Dome....oops YC 30 yr habit hard to break

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I know your saying this tongue in cheek but Memphis has a pretty storied tradition...us? Not so much. Memphis could play 30 miles away and still bring in a decent amount of fans. 

It is amazing what bringing in Penny Hardaway as coach has done for their attendance.  Think the stat I saw on the TV screen said they went from 6 or 8k to the 15k this year.  When my daughter was young she was a big Penny fan. Took her to a Sixers game when they were playing the Magic but she couldn't get his autograph.  She would have a chance on Saturday except she can't be there.