• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will we have enough players next year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

How's your first day going on TBP?

lol just thought i'd try.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Hooray. The debate over whether the old coach or the new coach is responsible for a signing. Always a TBP staple.

Camp A) New coach upheld previous coach's offer for a kid.

Camp B) New coach is solely responsible for the signing.

If the kid is any good, he comes from Camp A and xCWT (or xCJL before xCSH).

If the kid sucks, he comes from Camp B and CCS (or xCSH).

He didn't visit or commit to CWT but some how he's his because, reasons.  Again read this article....  Strong made a strong push for the kid once he got settled

Jacksonville (Fla.) Robert E Lee linebacker Keirston Johnson  took an official visit to Tampa over the weekend to visit the Bulls. South Florida jumped into Johnson's recruitment with an offer recently.

Johnson said he had a blast on his visit.

"It was great I love it in Tampa," he said.

The South Florida coaches made a strong push especially at a need position like linebacker.

"The coaches told me that I fit the program very well and they told me a lot of great things about USF," he said.

New receivers coach Charlie Williams is leading the recruitment for Johnson. Tulane, UCF and FAU are in the mix for Johnson as well as the Bulls. He is scheduled to visit UCF this coming weekend.

10 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Can there be a camp C- where recruiting is a crap shoot and some kids just don't translate well to D1 football regardless of who brings them in?

That's a perfectly fine camp to be in.  However, nobody wanted to be in that camp until they were dead wrong about who aggressively perused, got a visit from, and took the commitment from Johnson.....    Johnson was a part of CCS's first big visit weekend, the same weekend his teammate Demetrius Harris came in with him.  We were not heavy on Johnson until CCS got to USF, spring offer or not..

Edited by Bull Dozer

1 hour ago, BiggTipp said:

How did Taggart ruin Bayes? Not being smart but legitimately asking.

Jerking him between DE and LB.  Bayes should have been a LB from day one and allowed to develop there as he had a ton of raw ability but needed to be coached up.  Bayes was basically never allowed to get settled at a position and because of that his development stagnated.   Really bad player development there... 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

That's a perfectly fine camp to be in.  However, nobody wanted to be in that camp until they were dead wrong about who aggressively perused, got a visit from, and took the commitment from Johnson.....    Johnson was a part of CCS's first big visit weekend, the same weekend his teammate Demetrius Harris came in with him.  We were not heavy on Johnson until CCS got to USF, spring offer or not..

I live in that camp, maybe i'm alone. All I wanted to point out was that the offer was there long before Strong. 247 missed the ball on his visit and I won't argue that CCs did go after him but at the point, I'm not sure what CCs is supposed to do. He can't start fresh and he definitely couldn't bring his UT kids with him. 

But again, some kids just don't work out. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I live in that camp, maybe i'm alone. All I wanted to point out was that the offer was there long before Strong. 247 missed the ball on his visit and I won't argue that CCs did go after him but at the point, I'm not sure what CCs is supposed to do. He can't start fresh and he definitely couldn't bring his UT kids with him. 

But again, some kids just don't work out. 

Right there with you on that and I wish the kid the best as hes a good kid (a friend of mine taught at Lee and had him in his class).  My issue pops up when people either out of ignorance or agenda try to attribute kids leaving to ding previous staff's, especially when the previous staff wasn't even on those same kids.  Vice vera is true too with people trying to credit CCS with guys like St Felix etc  I don't hold him against CCS because kids don't work out and CCS was scrambling trying to finish up a class in about a month.  His half of that first class is a mess (tons of attrition) but that is to be expected with that kind of transition as coaches sometimes have to "reach" for a kid they may not otherwise take due to the situation.  In the end though it was his offer (even if it's just being honored), his visit, and him accepting the commitment.  

My responses to these threads is usually along the line of "sucks it didn't work out at USF but I wish the kid the best."   I usually only move off on that when people try to pass off incorrect information for their obvious agendas (knowingly or unknowingly).  

I just hope this move doesn't cause issues with the other 3 kids from Lee on the roster..... 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Thread title should be

Will we have enough good players next year?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,508
  • Days Won:  28

There are plenty of transfer players available. my favorite is Eddie-Zin Turner. A 6'1 310Ib DT from D2 Marxist College. He has 1 year left, but can be a great plug in play type of player for our defense. This link. Im not worried about the players we lost this year. We did lose some good ones, but it's time to move on. I have faith that we will close out this signing season strong. (no pun intended). plenty of players to add to this team. 

https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/Article/NCAA-transfer-portal-names-players-destinations-127866941/

https://m.hudl.com/profile/5307752/Eddie-ZinnTurner

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Has anybody counted up how many scholarships we have a available right now? It seems to me that we lost a small recruiting class worth of players this off season.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

There will be more than 22 players...so yes I am quite certain there will be enough...