• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three more assistant football coaches need to be hired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Was there anything official from the University on the Oline coach Darveau?

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

On 1/23/2019 at 10:29 AM, Bull Dozer said:
  • We're currently only recruiting about 6 or so 2019 kids and will only take about 3 MAYBE 4 if the ball bounces right.  Maybe even less than that.  CCS wants to keep the class small so next year's isn't even smaller.  Our classes are way out of balance right now.  
  • The S&C coach handles all the speed and strength programs
  • My guess is CCS either has handshake deals with guys who will come over from their current employers after signing day or he wants to see if anybody shakes loose now that the last wave of coaching musical chairs has started.   

You're right on the S&C coach primarily handling the training programs. I'll grant that I'm not familiar with the nuances of that, but I assumed that position coaches would be involved, especially with skill-focused stuff.

And I get that there's not that many kids left to sign, it just sounds weird. If you have all the guys locked up or close, why wait to make your coaching hires?

Maybe there's a handshake agreement to wait until after signing day, but hasn't conventional wisdom always been to get coaches signed up as soon as possible to help lock people down? I can't think of a situation where I've seen coaches intentionally wait for after signing day to leave a school, though I'm sure it may have happened. Bowl game, sure.

Maybe there's some grand plan, it's just that their stated justification strikes me as a really weird reason for waiting to make coaching hires.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

9 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

You're right on the S&C coach primarily handling the training programs. I'll grant that I'm not familiar with the nuances of that, but I assumed that position coaches would be involved, especially with skill-focused stuff.

And I get that there's not that many kids left to sign, it just sounds weird. If you have all the guys locked up or close, why wait to make your coaching hires?

Maybe there's a handshake agreement to wait until after signing day, but hasn't conventional wisdom always been to get coaches signed up as soon as possible to help lock people down? I can't think of a situation where I've seen coaches intentionally wait for after signing day to leave a school, though I'm sure it may have happened. Bowl game, sure.

Maybe there's some grand plan, it's just that their stated justification strikes me as a really weird reason for waiting to make coaching hires.

Our last 6 or so targets are basically split between DE's and WR/DB's.   We have more than enough guys to handle their recruitments and since we are in the home stretch CCS can now use his in home visits and be more involved in trying to close those kids.  If we had like 10 spots that we absolutely had to fill we would have all the reason in the world to panic but since we are zeroed in at filling maybe 3-4 spots and and only are looking at a very small handful of kids to fill them we're fine.   For the record we could potentially not add anymore kids to this class at all and just try to work the transfer portal for 3-4 kids.   This class is all but finished and some of the kids are luxury positions at this point.   CCS did a great job getting 99% of his class done on early signing day and if waiting until after the February signing day means getting better quality coaches than adding guys now I'm all for it.  It's big picture Vs small picture..... 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

22 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Why put a link to premium that I can't see?  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

40 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Still news the offer is out there even if we can't see the content. There's a group here that has vocally wondered about why we haven't hired anyone so it's relevant 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Thought it was important enough to know that an offer has been made. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Thought it was important enough to know that an offer has been made. 

But to whom?  I didn't get an offer so we've eliminated one person.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

But to whom?  I didn't get an offer so we've eliminated one person.

Point being that they are looking...not sitting back and doing nothing as some have presumed. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

17 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

You can also pay for it, if you want to know the info that badly. :) Trust, I feel your pain, but its good to know an offer has been made period. Im sure the name will pop up on twitter next week.