• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Three more assistant football coaches need to be hired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Man this has been the most draining CFB season ever. In addition I'm a Saints fan and after that last lost  I am emotionally drained when it comes to football lol Just not the greatest year for any team I watch. 

I am a Rams fan...sorry about the non call...not sorry...😁

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Don't apologize for that call.... Considering we lost the last SB we were in to the Pats and Spygate this just feels right.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Its cool (holding back my tears) lol Just beat the Patriots. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

It is mind boggling to me that they haven't filled out the rest of the staff, and appear to be content to not even attempt to do so. Doesn't more staff help to "finish the recruiting?" What about getting the new kids set up with training programs, etc.? I don't get this at all.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

How much can a coach hired in January do in a month? He would have no connection to the recruits. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

How much can a coach hired in January do in a month? He would have no connection to the recruits. 

At least the recruits we know who their position coach will be.  Right now, any DE or DB they’re still recruiting has no idea who their position coach will be.

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

At least the recruits we know who their position coach will be.  Right now, any DE or DB they’re still recruiting has no idea who their position coach will be.

That's minor in the grand scheme of things, they know who those coaches will be getting their orders from, they know who is directing the defense. Probably more important to have CCS out getting talent than evaluating candidates and conducting interviews for coaches who would only be able to introduce themselves. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

24 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

It is mind boggling to me that they haven't filled out the rest of the staff, and appear to be content to not even attempt to do so. Doesn't more staff help to "finish the recruiting?" What about getting the new kids set up with training programs, etc.? I don't get this at all.

• We're currently only recruiting about 6 or so 2019 kids and will only take about 3 MAYBE 4 if the ball bounces right.  Maybe even less than that.  CCS wants to keep the class small so next year's isn't even smaller.  Our classes are way out of balance right now.  
  • The S&C coach handles all the speed and strength programs
  • My guess is CCS either has handshake deals with guys who will come over from their current employers after signing day or he wants to see if anybody shakes loose now that the last wave of coaching musical chairs has started.   
Edited by Bull Dozer

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:
  • My guess is CCS either has handshake deals with guys who will come over from their current employers after signing day or he wants to see if anybody shakes loose now that the last wave of coaching musical chairs has started.   

Very possible. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

CCS is on a leftovers menu since he has what looks like a **** good OC and a DC that he trusts.