• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad
Sign in to follow this  
BrassBulls12

Baseball Preseason Preview

Hoffman and newcomer Nelson Alvarez will be competing and possible splitting time as AP’s replacement. 

Interesting. Thought for sure after the way he threw at the end of last year that Ragsdale would slide right into that closer role this year. Hopefully he's not injured. Haven't heard him mentioned this month.

8 hours ago, Big_Hairy_Bull said:

Interesting. Thought for sure after the way he threw at the end of last year that Ragsdale would slide right into that closer role this year. Hopefully he's not injured. Haven't heard him mentioned this month.

Carson had to get Tommy John

Dang, I missed that. That sucks . 

Edited by BrassBulls12

Tough timing, too. 18 months recovery means he's missing this season and likely can't contribute much next season, either.

2 hours ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Carson had to get Tommy John

Thanks for the info. Man that sucks.

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Tough timing, too. 18 months recovery means he's missing this season and likely can't contribute much next season, either.

I wonder if he will just scratch pitching from his resume and take the position player time table. That would get him back on the field sooner and possibly this season. Especially at first. Maybe he takes this season as a redshirt to clear Genord and then stay away from the mound until late next season. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I wonder if he will just scratch pitching from his resume and take the position player time table. That would get him back on the field sooner and possibly this season. Especially at first. Maybe he takes this season as a redshirt to clear Genord and then stay away from the mound until late next season. 

It's not a bad idea. This season is going to be his RS, so whether he can pitch or not, the clock is ticking on 2020. I'm still bummed DJ Roberts jumped ship. I knew he got hurt, but then never heard a peep until he was gone.

26 minutes ago, JTrue said:

It's not a bad idea. This season is going to be his RS, so whether he can pitch or not, the clock is ticking on 2020. I'm still bummed DJ Roberts jumped ship. I knew he got hurt, but then never heard a peep until he was gone.

Yeah, this season I think it would be tough for him to find a spot in the lineup but I would really like to have him back next season. I thought he was ok off the bench last year and has the potential to be a good power hitter. 

roberts would have been nice to have for sure. 

I like the way sully ended last season. I think he may throw opening day. 

Edited by BrassBulls12