Site News
  • TBP Ticker

Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• September 28, 4 p.m. ESPNU  
      1 2 3 4 Total
    SMU 0 0 0 0 00
    Bulls 0 0 0 0 00

Prediction ContestRoster - Depth Chart - Game Notes - Stats 
  • Members do not see this ad, Register today
TheAccountant

Kerwin Bell assumes ‘total control’ of USF offense

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you made mention of the CCS haters as if the offense (and OC) was the sole reason for our disappointing finish

No, that was in reference to everyone who so against CCS that they believed he had a hand in our offense. Which was the topic being discussed. 

Edited by BrassBulls12
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I never said the OC wasn't calling the plays.  Why wouldn't he?    Some like to revise history so they can "prove" they're right on the interweb ....

Pretty sure you were running around sarcastically  commenting about how CCS didn't even knew the offense existed for weeks.  Guess I imagined that....   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

we had two p5 transfer d-linemen that were suspended for the better part of the season. he seemed satisfied to replace LBs with a safety and a DE

If they aren't on the field, they can't help us and I'm not sure you can blame the staff for them being suspended considering they came here with a history of being suspended and dismissed from programs. 

Just because having a DE and a S at LB was the best option, doesn't mean it was a good one. You have to work with what you got. 

1 minute ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I hope KB is half as good as advertised. That alone will be a huge improvement. He has "total control" so there will be no excuses. Maybe he is auditioning for one of the power five jobs while being our OC. 

Could he be the second coming of JPP?

Man I dont think I will ever see a 2nd coming of JPP lol But his film is awesome. He is a solid 265 and fast from what I saw. 

http://www.hudl.com/profile/9630897/Tyrick-Jones

12 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Pretty sure you were running around sarcastically  commenting about how CCS didn't even knew the offense existed for weeks.  Guess I imagined that....   

No, you got that right.  But that has nothing to do with calling plays

18 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

If they aren't on the field, they can't help us and I'm not sure you can blame the staff for them being suspended considering they came here with a history of being suspended and dismissed from programs. 

Just because having a DE and a S at LB was the best option, doesn't mean it was a good one. You have to work with what you got. 

and guess who fills out the roster? Strong and staff are the ones who brought them in even with their history so they have no responsibility?

no I don't think it was a good option to have a safety and DE convert to LB but guess who did

Coaches have a say in the roster they build so to blame it on "work with what you got" is lame.

Do we have what’s needed on the roster to run his system now?  

Sure would like to see what his QB at Valdosta State could do at this level.  Appears to have the size, speed and decision making.  Also, his Dad briefly BB at USF...go figure.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/2019/01/18/kerwin-bells-offense-was-perfected-in-valdosta/

Edited by El_Toro_86

My favorite part of that article was "...our kids can learn it within a week." The last thing we need is a lost year learning a new system.

21 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

No, you got that right.  But that has nothing to do with calling plays

That's not directly what you've been running around asserting but you were selling that his overall philosophy was.  You've been playing a bit of semantics game that gives you an out.  You were claiming CCS overall "conservative philosophy" is the problem.  So while not asserting that CCS is directly chiming in with a "run this play" type influence you were asserting his overall philosophy WAS INDEED affecting the offense's playing calling.  So yes, what you were running around selling was indeed that CCS has something to do with play calling you're just doing it in a round about way that you are now using as an out....  It's a neat but classic message board tactic.   

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

and guess who fills out the roster? Strong and staff are the ones who brought them in even with their history so they have no responsibility?

no I don't think it was a good option to have a safety and DE convert to LB but guess who did

Coaches have a say in the roster they build so to blame it on "work with what you got" is lame.

CCS and staff have had one season to bring in talent and even at that, they can't force kids to come here. So at best their recruits are Sophomores. Very few three star recruits, which for the most part is what we get, are D1 ready in their first couple of years.  

There is no way of knowing if CCs thought what we had was a good option, just the best option in a group of bad ones. We could have some really good LBs on the roster like Boyles, they just weren't ready last season.