• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Kerwin Bell assumes ‘total control’ of USF offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

10 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I never said the OC wasn't calling the plays.  Why wouldn't he?    Some like to revise history so they can "prove" they're right on the interweb ....

Pretty sure you were running around sarcastically  commenting about how CCS didn't even knew the offense existed for weeks.  Guess I imagined that....   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

we had two p5 transfer d-linemen that were suspended for the better part of the season. he seemed satisfied to replace LBs with a safety and a DE

If they aren't on the field, they can't help us and I'm not sure you can blame the staff for them being suspended considering they came here with a history of being suspended and dismissed from programs. 

Just because having a DE and a S at LB was the best option, doesn't mean it was a good one. You have to work with what you got. 

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I hope KB is half as good as advertised. That alone will be a huge improvement. He has "total control" so there will be no excuses. Maybe he is auditioning for one of the power five jobs while being our OC. 

Could he be the second coming of JPP?

Man I dont think I will ever see a 2nd coming of JPP lol But his film is awesome. He is a solid 265 and fast from what I saw. 

http://www.hudl.com/profile/9630897/Tyrick-Jones

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

12 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Pretty sure you were running around sarcastically  commenting about how CCS didn't even knew the offense existed for weeks.  Guess I imagined that....   

No, you got that right.  But that has nothing to do with calling plays

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

18 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

If they aren't on the field, they can't help us and I'm not sure you can blame the staff for them being suspended considering they came here with a history of being suspended and dismissed from programs. 

Just because having a DE and a S at LB was the best option, doesn't mean it was a good one. You have to work with what you got. 

and guess who fills out the roster? Strong and staff are the ones who brought them in even with their history so they have no responsibility?

no I don't think it was a good option to have a safety and DE convert to LB but guess who did

Coaches have a say in the roster they build so to blame it on "work with what you got" is lame.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Do we have what’s needed on the roster to run his system now?  

Sure would like to see what his QB at Valdosta State could do at this level.  Appears to have the size, speed and decision making.  Also, his Dad briefly BB at USF...go figure.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/2019/01/18/kerwin-bells-offense-was-perfected-in-valdosta/

Edited by El_Toro_86

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

My favorite part of that article was "...our kids can learn it within a week." The last thing we need is a lost year learning a new system.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

21 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

No, you got that right.  But that has nothing to do with calling plays

That's not directly what you've been running around asserting but you were selling that his overall philosophy was.  You've been playing a bit of semantics game that gives you an out.  You were claiming CCS overall "conservative philosophy" is the problem.  So while not asserting that CCS is directly chiming in with a "run this play" type influence you were asserting his overall philosophy WAS INDEED affecting the offense's playing calling.  So yes, what you were running around selling was indeed that CCS has something to do with play calling you're just doing it in a round about way that you are now using as an out....  It's a neat but classic message board tactic.   

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

and guess who fills out the roster? Strong and staff are the ones who brought them in even with their history so they have no responsibility?

no I don't think it was a good option to have a safety and DE convert to LB but guess who did

Coaches have a say in the roster they build so to blame it on "work with what you got" is lame.

CCS and staff have had one season to bring in talent and even at that, they can't force kids to come here. So at best their recruits are Sophomores. Very few three star recruits, which for the most part is what we get, are D1 ready in their first couple of years.  

There is no way of knowing if CCs thought what we had was a good option, just the best option in a group of bad ones. We could have some really good LBs on the roster like Boyles, they just weren't ready last season. 

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

My favorite part of that article was "...our kids can learn it within a week." The last thing we need is a lost year learning a new system.

That's great. I think one of the issues with the veer and shoot is, when its at its best, there are a lot of option routes in which the the QB and WR have to make the same read. That takes time and a small margin for error and I think we saw that a lot when BB was throwing to empty space.