Site News
  • TBP Ticker

Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• September 28, 4 p.m. ESPNU  
      1 2 3 4 Total
    SMU 0 0 0 0 00
    Bulls 0 0 0 0 00

Prediction ContestRoster - Depth Chart - Game Notes - Stats 
  • Members do not see this ad, Register today
TheAccountant

Kerwin Bell assumes ‘total control’ of USF offense

8 hours ago, 7overlord said:

SG did have total control of the offense. 

I think I shared this already but in the middle of the season a player went to CCS asking to have 7 specific plays that were in the playbook included in the game plan and called. His reply was I have no say on what plays are called or personnel that is used on that side of the ball. Bring it up with SG.

@chapelbull GUNNA BE SO MAD ON THE INTERNET 

We had personnel problems on defense, with glaring holes at LB and along the D-Line. Unless some JUCO or grad transfers are signing at those positions next month, I don't see much room for improvement on defense. Maybe if we could sustain more drives, the defense will improve, but we were and appear to still be soft up the middle.

12 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

we had the 95th ranked scoring defense

Who was talking about defense?

16 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

We had personnel problems on defense, with glaring holes at LB and along the D-Line. Unless some JUCO or grad transfers are signing at those positions next month, I don't see much room for improvement on defense. Maybe if we could sustain more drives, the defense will improve, but we were and appear to still be soft up the middle.

I agree, we would have all liked for it to be better but we lost too many players to the draft and can't reload like the powerhouse programs can. Losing the only experienced and true LB we had by mid-season was tough blow to overcome. Boyles needs to grow up in a hurry this offseason. 

18 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

We have a JUCO player coming in named Tyrik Jones. A 265Ib DE. I feel he will be an impact player.  Our DTs will go hard in the weight room, summer conditioning and will be ok. We have a guy named Leacock that was a weight lifting champion b4 he got to USF. If they move Waller back to DT, then we should be ok. 

23 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

@chapelbull GUNNA BE SO MAD ON THE INTERNET 

I never said the OC wasn't calling the plays.  Why wouldn't he?    Some like to revise history so they can "prove" they're right on the interweb ....

I hope KB is half as good as advertised. That alone will be a huge improvement. He has "total control" so there will be no excuses. Maybe he is auditioning for one of the power five jobs while being our OC. 

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We have a JUCO player coming in named Tyrik Jones. A 265Ib DE. I feel he will be an impact player.  Our DTs will go hard in the weight room, summer conditioning and will be ok. We have a guy named Leacock that was a weight lifting champion b4 he got to USF. If they move Waller back to DT, then we should be ok. 

Could he be the second coming of JPP?

18 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Who was talking about defense?

you made mention of the CCS haters as if the offense (and OC) was the sole reason for our disappointing finish

On 1/17/2019 at 8:54 AM, John Lewis said:

I'm surprised Joey didn't through in a 2112 reference for the assumed control comment. 

Too funny. 

I see Joey as being more of a "waver" than a guy into prog or hard rock. 

Edited by Mission9

8 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I agree, we would have all liked for it to be better but we lost too many players to the draft and can't reload like the powerhouse programs can. Losing the only experienced and true LB we had by mid-season was tough blow to overcome. Boyles needs to grow up in a hurry this offseason. 

we had two p5 transfer d-linemen that were suspended for the better part of the season. he seemed satisfied to replace LBs with a safety and a DE