• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kerwin Bell assumes ‘total control’ of USF offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

We had personnel problems on defense, with glaring holes at LB and along the D-Line. Unless some JUCO or grad transfers are signing at those positions next month, I don't see much room for improvement on defense. Maybe if we could sustain more drives, the defense will improve, but we were and appear to still be soft up the middle.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

12 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

we had the 95th ranked scoring defense

Who was talking about defense?

16 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

We had personnel problems on defense, with glaring holes at LB and along the D-Line. Unless some JUCO or grad transfers are signing at those positions next month, I don't see much room for improvement on defense. Maybe if we could sustain more drives, the defense will improve, but we were and appear to still be soft up the middle.

I agree, we would have all liked for it to be better but we lost too many players to the draft and can't reload like the powerhouse programs can. Losing the only experienced and true LB we had by mid-season was tough blow to overcome. Boyles needs to grow up in a hurry this offseason. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

18 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

We have a JUCO player coming in named Tyrik Jones. A 265Ib DE. I feel he will be an impact player.  Our DTs will go hard in the weight room, summer conditioning and will be ok. We have a guy named Leacock that was a weight lifting champion b4 he got to USF. If they move Waller back to DT, then we should be ok. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

23 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

@chapelbull GUNNA BE SO MAD ON THE INTERNET 

I never said the OC wasn't calling the plays.  Why wouldn't he?    Some like to revise history so they can "prove" they're right on the interweb ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,204
  • Days Won:  25

I hope KB is half as good as advertised. That alone will be a huge improvement. He has "total control" so there will be no excuses. Maybe he is auditioning for one of the power five jobs while being our OC. 

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We have a JUCO player coming in named Tyrik Jones. A 265Ib DE. I feel he will be an impact player.  Our DTs will go hard in the weight room, summer conditioning and will be ok. We have a guy named Leacock that was a weight lifting champion b4 he got to USF. If they move Waller back to DT, then we should be ok. 

Could he be the second coming of JPP?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

18 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Who was talking about defense?

you made mention of the CCS haters as if the offense (and OC) was the sole reason for our disappointing finish

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/17/2019 at 8:54 AM, John Lewis said:

I'm surprised Joey didn't through in a 2112 reference for the assumed control comment. 

Too funny. 

I see Joey as being more of a "waver" than a guy into prog or hard rock. 

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

8 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I agree, we would have all liked for it to be better but we lost too many players to the draft and can't reload like the powerhouse programs can. Losing the only experienced and true LB we had by mid-season was tough blow to overcome. Boyles needs to grow up in a hurry this offseason. 

we had two p5 transfer d-linemen that were suspended for the better part of the season. he seemed satisfied to replace LBs with a safety and a DE

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you made mention of the CCS haters as if the offense (and OC) was the sole reason for our disappointing finish

No, that was in reference to everyone who so against CCS that they believed he had a hand in our offense. Which was the topic being discussed. 

Edited by BrassBulls12
  • Like 1