• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kerwin Bell assumes ‘total control’ of USF offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

27 minutes ago, Calibull said:

that's not what he described.... 😬 He described spacing, timing, and execution... also being able to control the line of scrimmage.  He also mentioned for times he has two excellent TEs, he'd run 12 sets (2 TEs)... He said get the ball in playmakers hands and don't go fast for the sake of going fast.  All kinds of good stuff, but the offense ins't based on speed.  It's likely based on speed when he has it.

Uh yeah he does.... He talks about getting his most explosive guys on the field and about not just throwing up 50-50 balls but rather creating mismatches etc.    He may not come out and say the exact words I said but you can definitely see what he's saying.  The same thing about the 2TES he's getting his best guys on the field to create mismatches with their size and athleticism.  It's definitely not the GCO, or even in the same neighborhood stylistically but a key component is getting your best/most explosive athletes on the field and using a multi level passing system to get guys open.  When passing attacks attack defenses at all 3 levels with athletes this creates mismatches because somebody at one of those levels will be matched up against a safety, LB, 4th corner etc that cannot match their athleticism.   

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

Uh yeah he does.... He talks about getting his most explosive guys on the field and about not just throwing up 50-50 balls but rather creating mismatches etc.    He may not come out and say the exact words I said but you can definitely see what he's saying.  The same thing about the 2TES he's getting his best guys on the field to create mismatches with their size and athleticism.  It's definitely not the GCO, or even in the same neighborhood stylistically but a key component is getting your best/most explosive athletes on the field and using a multi level passing system to get guys open.  When passing attacks attack defenses at all 3 levels with athletes this creates mismatches because somebody at one of those levels will be matched up against a safety, LB, 4th corner etc that cannot match their athleticism.   

I think I may be overthinking speed... being a former track guy, I guess I think of speed differently.  i don't always attach it with explosiveness because it doesn't always work that way. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

If BB picks up this offense quickly and excels, this will prepare him quite well for the next level.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Total autonomy 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

If BB picks up this offense quickly and excels, this will prepare him quite well for the next level.

That is exactly what Bell inferred in his presser. :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

9 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I think I may be overthinking speed... being a former track guy, I guess I think of speed differently.  i don't always attach it with explosiveness because it doesn't always work that way. 

Either way, today is the most exciting day we've had as USF fans since early signing day.   So much to be excited about as a fan right now.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

“Coach (Charlie) Strong’s given me total control to go in and run my own system,” said Bell

For older folks or history majors, anyone reminded of Al Haig after Reagan was shot (I am in total control)?

Hope this works out better!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,221
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Big if but I hope so.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I have a giant *****... that is all... carry on

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

Thus why I said 2.0 because it's improved logically. Right now it's theoretical until we see the first game. #beatUW

Image result for theoretical degree in physics fallout

• Haha 2