• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kerwin Bell assumes ‘total control’ of USF offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Though still considered rare it does happen, when the players have plans. If this kid's plan was to go to D1 asap, he would be working towards it. If it wasn't, then Bell's hiring wouldn't have changed that. In any case all of the goals listed as possible motivations are still there a year later without having to miss a season of playing time. There's also a trophy in DII that he just missed out on. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Though still considered rare it does happen, when the players have plans. If this kid's plan was to go to D1 asap, he would be working towards it. If it wasn't, then Bell's hiring wouldn't have changed that. In any case all of the goals listed as possible motivations are still there a year later without having to miss a season of playing time. There's also a trophy in DII that he just missed out on. 

Fine, I concede. There is no way Wells would want to come to USF. We shouldn't even discuss the possibility. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,485

4 minutes ago, G8RLegist said:

Fine, I concede. There is no way Wells would want to come to USF. We shouldn't even discuss the possibility. 

This is definitely not the place for discussion or exchange of opinions. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

This is definitely not the place for discussion or exchange of opinions. 

Saying he won't come here is an opinion, saying it's impossible to graduate in three years is neither fact nor opinion.

Edited by JTrue

Just now, JTrue said:

Saying he won't come here is an opinion, saying it's impossible to graduate in three years is neither fact nor opinion.

I rephrased my statement to say it was unlikely that he was graduating in three years. I stand by that. 

45 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Again, graduating in three years is hard, but not unlikely. Wanting something to be true and it actually being true are very different things. 

It is unlikely that a football player is graduating in just three years. Unless you can show that more than 50% of NCAA football players graduate in 3 or less years, you are incorrect. As you said, wanting something to be true and it actually being true are very different things.   :) 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Considering we are pulling the notion of him transfering here out of thin air, I don't think having the opinion of it not happening is to egregious.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, G8RLegist said:

It is unlikely that a football player is graduating in just three years. Unless you can show that more than 50% of NCAA football players graduate in 3 or less years, you are incorrect. As you said, wanting something to be true and it actually being true are very different things.   :) 

Gotcha. I'll ignore that you said there was no way he could do it so we don't have to go back and forth on this all day.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

50 minutes ago, G8RLegist said:

If that's the bar then how many coaches bring their starting QB's with them when moving to a new program?  My guess is less than 50%

6 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

If that's the bar then how many coaches bring their starting QB's with them when moving to a new program?  My guess is less than 50%

I agree completely. I don’t recall it ever happening. Although Scott Frost took his back up QB with him to Nebraska last year. 

I just thought it was an interesting idea. Very little chance it happens for any number of reasons. But I will say that Rogan Wells’ older brother played for Kerwin at Jacksonville. Maybe the ties are strong enough. Who knows.