• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kerwin Bell assumes ‘total control’ of USF offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

23 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

He also said that when we score 21 our focus is on scoring 28. I took that to mean he's not a fan of slowing down with a lead.

Other team isn't going to stop trying to score.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

17 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yup, it can definitely work if you get a high level kid that you already know is Elite.  None of these things are all or nothing and there will always  be outliers that most of us remember like Murray or Russel Wilson etc.   But for everyone of those there are others who didn't work out and caused issues.   Just because you take a risk and it pays off it doesn't mean you will get the same results every time you take that risk.   

Technically we haven't had much success with any of our QB transfers...yet (BB still has a season left). Steven Bench and the other dude who came back from UCLA (I'm too lazy to google his name 😎) came to USF and got their feelings hurt when they couldn't crack the starting line up. So at least in USF history, we havent had much success with transfer QBs. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Kyler Murray walked into a locker room knowing he wasn't gonna start. I feel like in the case of the VSU kid, the notion is he is coming to compete for the job. A little different circumstances. 

The VSU kid can't come in and compete for the job.. He has to sit a year.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

6 minutes ago, G8RLegist said:

The VSU kid can't come in and compete for the job.. He has to sit a year.

Unless he is in line to graduate this semester. I don't think him coming here is an  option if  has to sit. There's no point. He wouldn't need a year to learn anything it would just be him giving up the opportunity to play. 

No way he’s in line to graduate after just 3 years (redshirt sophomore). The only reason I can think he might be interested in coming, even though he has to sit a year, is that he has won the DII title and has nothing left to prove at that level, and might like the idea of having a shot at playing on the larger DI stage. Greater challenge and MUCH more exposure if he hopes to make it to the pros. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, G8RLegist said:

No way he’s in line to graduate after just 3 years (redshirt sophomore). The only reason I can think he might be interested in coming, even though he has to sit a year, is that he has won the DII title and has nothing left to prove at that level, and might like the idea of having a shot at playing on the larger DI stage. Greater challenge and MUCH more exposure if he hopes to make it to the pros. 

it's very possible to graduate in three years. Especially now with kids taking DE classes and summer classes. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 minutes ago, G8RLegist said:

No way he’s in line to graduate after just 3 years (redshirt sophomore).

I'd like to know what makes you sure of this.

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'd like to know what makes you sure of this.

Fine.  Allow me to restate my position.  I personally find it unlikely and very difficult for a football player to be able to graduate in three years.  Is it possible? Sure. With dual enrollment and AP classes they could start college as a junior. I just have never heard of a starting college football player who graduated in three years, except for Jonah Williams at Alabama this year. Football takes a ton of time which makes doing the extra academic work difficult.

Edited by G8RLegist

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, G8RLegist said:

Fine.  Allow me to restate my position.  I personally find it unlikely and very difficult for a football player to be able to graduate in three years.  Is it possible? Sure. With dual enrollment and AP classes they could start college as a junior. I just have never heard of a starting college football player who graduated in three years.  Football takes a ton of time which makes doing the extra academic work difficult.

Deshaun Watson

Josh Rosen

Leonard Fournette

Artavis Scott

Alex Smith

Jaylon Smith

Again, graduating in three years is hard, but not unlikely. Wanting something to be true and it actually being true are very different things. 

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Deshaun Watson

Josh Rosen

Leonard Fournette

Artavis Scott

Alex Smith

Jaylon Smith

Again, graduating in three years is hard, but not unlikely. Wanting something to be true and it actually being true are very different things. 

So apparently I was wrong. I stand corrected.