• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Great article on KB with very encouraging quotes...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

17 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Lynch was pretty much brought up and taught by Baerber (Lynch is the Cuse OC) and they adjusted the veer and shoot there.  They added to it and are running a much different version of the Briles offense than we did...  Houston... the guy who invented the offenses son.  Who's actually changed and added to the offense too.  Two schools did well in it... how about the rest?

I agree about the rest of the teams, you're actually just echoing the the point I was making....We're on the same page here as the only guys who have been truly successful are Babers (I don't count Lynch until he does it on his own without Babers) and Briles and that's because they fleshed the offense out and give it more substance than just inside run, rpo, and deep shots.  Both Briles and Babers stretch the defenses both vertically and horizontally in both the passing and running game where as the other guys just use the bones of the offense and pretty much do what Gilbert does.   I'm not arguing that veer n shoot is good on it's own I'm saying the guys that added pieces to the offense that make defenses pay for selling out to stop the basic parts of the offense are the only guys having success.  Veer N shoot and it's base principals have been figured out, which makes sense considering it's peak was basically when Briles was at Baylor.  If you haven't evolved the offense past the base principals you're not having too much success, sustained anyways..... 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

I think they'll have the Oline sorted out pretty quickly.  People act like there is not talent there, i just think the guys were young and not well coached up.

I heard bad things about your former Oline coach from a buddy of mine who’s son was one of your linemen. He was not well liked or respected. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

37 minutes ago, G8RLegist said:

I heard bad things about your former Oline coach from a buddy of mine who’s son was one of your linemen. He was not well liked or respected. 

Was he the father of a kid that can do the splits?

D29B88DB-9D01-4591-989A-0E4185126FC2.jpeg

Edited by TExpress

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,330

Agree with most that KB is talking about the right kinds of things. I think almost anything would sound great coming out of him compared to Gilbert.

Side note, anyone watch the Gilbert press conference with McNeese on YT? He leads it off with a couple one word answers and is a pretty cringe worthy to start. He also leans over kinda weirdly for half of it and looks generally grumpy lol.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77

47 minutes ago, TExpress said:

Was he the father of a kid that can do the splits?

D29B88DB-9D01-4591-989A-0E4185126FC2.jpeg

Ha! Nope, not him.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I'm actually excited for football again.  Excited for Blake to have a check down!   DJ is probably saying WTF right now.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, G8RLegist said:

5 read system and the QB should have eliminated two of them by the time he sets his plant foot. QB has to be smart. The system is designed to get receivers separation instead of 50/50 balls. He says Peyton Manning was one of the best QB's in history because he was smart enough to know when to check down. In his system you never take a negative play if possible. Scramble for two yards or throw it away. The next play might go for a TD if you maintain down and distance discipline. QB has to be willing to run to make sure you keep the numbers right (defenders in the box). The guy knows what he is talking about.  And its more than talk.  He has walked the walk at every level he has coached.

Yes, this exactly what I was talking about. I definitely like what I'm hearing from him. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like in action.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

5 hours ago, G8RLegist said:

I think it was reflected in their play.  That disappointing hear but it makes perfect sense... and bolds well for the notion of his replacement being better.

10 hours ago, Justin C said:

Can CKB do all of our pressers? This guy is saying all the right things. Looking forward to next season!

Sounds like there's enthusiasm when he speaks...not a guy who's just going through the motions. I would imagine that there will be a night & day difference in the morale among the team with him here, assuming we are winning a decent amount of games of course. Really nothing not to like so far.

5 hours ago, usfbullrider said:

I'm actually excited for football again.  Excited for Blake to have a check down!   DJ is probably saying WTF right now.

Not sure how much BB learned from Gilbert, if anything. He regressed as the season went on it seemed. No adjustments were made. That offense was a really dumbed down version of Briles offense that wasn't complicated, and had no plan B when things weren't working. BB rarely had time to go through his progressions, and seemed not to when he did have time. I'm still worried about the OL, but I have a strong feeling that Bell is 10 times the teacher that Gilbert was, and he may be able to get way more out of BB, who clearly has considerable talent.