• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 1/15/2019 at 8:00 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Went to Gaspy once when I lived in Tampa. Wall to wall people and got thrown up on. If you are not a heavy drinker it’s not a great thing... for me not my thing. 

I call it Tampa Bay's low rent Mardi Gras.

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

55 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I call it Tampa Bay's low rent Mardi Gras.

That's a terrible take. Gasparilla is a source of pride for the community and something that should be embraced more substantively. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, mj796 said:

That's a terrible take. Gasparilla is a source of pride for the community and something that should be embraced more substantively. 

Nah. Don't like drunks, puking, closing streets and horrible traffic. It's a blight on the city. Celebrating the rich being publicly intoxicated on floats being watched by the publicly intoxicated proletariat is nothing I can be proud of.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  535
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Nah. Don't like drunks, puking, closing streets and horrible traffic. It's a blight on the city. Celebrating the rich being publicly intoxicated on floats being watched by the publicly intoxicated proletariat is nothing I can be proud of.

Tell that to the children that enjoy it and the small business owners that the extra business can make there year

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Maybe it has cleaned up some since I was there. But in the early 2000 it was a **** fest of the worst kind of behavior. Again it may be more controlled now, I just don’t know. 

19 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

Tell that to the children that enjoy it and the small business owners that the extra business can make there year

Don’t they do a separate one for kids now? Which tells me they want you to keep the kids at home so mommy and daddy can get **********. 

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  535
  • Days Won:  0

They do but with the real one while there are tons on stupid drunk people the majority are fine and bring there kids.  It's the Ybor night parade that is a **** show, but Ybor at night usually is.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I’m in

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/18/2019 at 3:17 PM, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Probably the most anti-Tampa statement I have ever read. This description could be substituted for any parade,  Bucs game, Lightning game, etc. Gasparilla is not just a parade, its a celebration of the city's heritage and marked by a parade in the middle of the day down one of the world's truly beautiful waterfront streets. I cannot even imagine having such a negative take on something that Tampa should wear as a badge of honor. It's one thing to not like to drink and avoid the area because the celebration isn't for you...it's another thing to call one of the best know traditions a 'blight on the city' and saying you are not proud of the celebration. This is something I expect to hear out of Puc or a UCF fan. I am truly offended.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, mj796 said:

I am truly offended.

More or less offended than when someone wants you to sit “Indian style” on a carpet?

• Haha 1