• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Don't agree. They are mentally tough by how they fight back and hang in games even though they shoot poorly. They may have a lack of confidence when they walk to the line but think it is unfair to call them mentally weak.

Thing is, I think they have normally shot better ft's late in games where they've really needed them .... when you think a lack of confidence would really rear its' head.

Just now, brybull1970 said:

Being as objective as I am I wanted to see a larger sample size and if things would get better but in fact they have gotten worse. Gregory needs to start sitting guys who can’t get their issues fixed, otherwise it may cost this team a shot at the post season.

So he pulls a Coach Dale, rolls out 4 players and tells the ref, "my team is on the floor" ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

14 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Being as objective as I am I wanted to see a larger sample size and if things would get better but in fact they have gotten worse. Gregory needs to start sitting guys who can’t get their issues fixed, otherwise it may cost this team a shot at the post season.

lol, yeah sit Rideau who was a MAJOR catalyst for the team.  That will surely help us into the post season.  

7 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Exactly. If he’s not going to dedicate time in practice to free throws because of NCAA limitations, and the players either can’t/won’t improve then it’s time to send a message to your players.

As much heart and hustle as this team has (and it’s been a joy to watch) Gregory needs to do something different. Otherwise the message is that free throws don’t matter.

Yeah, that will send a message alright.  "Hey guys you are busting your ass and battling hard in conference road games (against a NCAA projected team no less).  Never giving up and playing completely unselfishly, but you're struggling at the line so we're going to start sitting folks and playing with 4 if we have to .....   lol

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

As much heart and hustle as this team has (and it’s been a joy to watch) Gregory needs to do something different. Otherwise the message is that free throws don’t matter. 

heart and hustle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> free throws

• Upvote 3

Just now, brybull1970 said:

How would you solve for the free throw problem then or do free throws not matter? I work with people like you - tell you why something can’t be done and provide zero thought in how to solve for it.

I provided.  They have to work on it.   But jesus, they're so overachieving right now.  You want to "sit" guys.  That's your answer.  lol

I work with people like you to.  ***** and moan, act like they're experts and don't now jack

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

heart and hustle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> free throws

Exactly, without the heart and hustle, then the FTs are completely irrelevant.  And "sitting" guys who are busting their ass because they are missing FTs isn't going to help the development of these guys

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Sitting players for missing FT is perhaps the dumbest thing you can do. Even if we don’t improve all year in this area, If we don’t have the best players on the floor then we will have more issues than FT. Negative motivation will not work here. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

this team has to fix this ASAP.

15 missed free throws cost this team a win at Temple & directly impacted their losses vs. GTown, Citadel & Tulsa.

Have you watched an AAU game lately?