• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why Bell Will Create Offense Excitement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

And? He also recruited many AWESOME players to the team as well. Sometimes recruits don't pan out. It happens to many successful coaches. Why are we talking about 11 players who no longer are on the team? We have an AWESOME new OC, transfer players who will finally play and a bunch of talented players that redshirted last year that will finally see the field. 

I don't know glass half full guy, you're the one that decided to call out any posters who were questioning the team's future over the past month.  Seems like you should have been more worried about celebrating our new OC hire

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

You asked if negative things have continued to happen, they have.  Now we got a positive.

Out of curiosity, did you or anyone else apologize to the people that were questioning if we were really that good at 7-0 after we lost 6 in a row?

Apologize for what? I thought we were a still good team, but it was more of a rebuilding year than I thought. We also had a bad offensive coordinator. That problem has been resolved. Yea, we lost 6 in a row....last season. I'm over the past and excited about the future. I swear some of you guys are a glutton for misery  lol I'm excited that we have a new OC and for next year. If you want to be pessimistic than all power to you. And yes, I'm caling out all of the "negative nancies". are you not happy CCS made some changes to improve the team? You've been quite vocal about your disappointment. 

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

He hired Gilbert at UT and brought him along to USF sooooooo ... now that doesn't mean that CCS hasn't woken up and smelled the coffee and said it's time to change

11 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

And yet CCS hired him and felt the need to bring him to Tampa  .........

Anyone?

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Apologize for what? I thought we were a still good team, but it was more of a rebuilding year than I thought. We also had a bad offensive coordinator. That problem has been resolved. Yea, we lost 6 in a row....last season. I'm over the past and excited about the future. I swear some of you guys are a glutton for misery  lol I'm excited that we have a new OC and for next year. If you want to be pessimistic than all power to you. 

I'm not pessimistic nor have I been all doom and gloom at any point.  Like I said, you're the one that decided to call out posters. 

Just now, chapelbull said:

I'm not pessimistic nor have I been all doom and gloom at any point.  Like I said, you're the one that decided to call out posters. 

So i called them out. Now what? I pretty much will always say what I feel no matter how unpopular it may be. 

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

So i called them out. Now what? I pretty much will always say what I feel no matter how unpopular it may be. 

Nothing, you should try looking at the world in a glass half full way .....

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

48 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Maybe, just maybe our offense is what Gilbert wanted to run and not CCS. 

People I trust have told me that CCS gave Gilbert almost free reign over the offense outside of decisions like go for it on fourth etc.   I was alluding to this by saying Bell wouldn't take the job if he had plans of putting a governor on his offense because Bell doesn't take BS.   Charlie is more involved on the defensive side of the ball but he basically CEO's the offense and let's the offensive staff do their thing.  Gilbert is a guy who rode more creative offensive minds coattails (Babers, Montgomery) but currently lacks the creativity and flexibility to be consistently good on offense.   I know people point to his year at Texas but when you have a physical freak like D'onte Foreman in your backfield that takes care of a lot of things for you on offense, especially in a conference where teams don't play defense.   

• Upvote 2

Just now, chapelbull said:

Nothing, you should try looking at the world in a glass half full way .....

You say i was calling out the naysayers...I feel I was simply encouraging them to embrace the positive changes coming our way 😎

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He uses the Fullback as an H-back.  It's almost as if he didn't know the term.  With the limited film on them, I'm wondering how he got such a deep insight into the offense.  Did they interview Bell?  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

People can do whatever they want with their time. If someone is even still here posting, then that shows they have hope for the future regardless if they are happy with CCS or not. 

If you go back and read the posts of this board a decade ago, there were a lot more posters. There were around 20k more people in the stands. Those people aren't even complaining. They have moved on.