Jump to content
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

  • Members do not see this ad
NewEnglandBull

Why Bell Will Create Offense Excitement

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, G8RLegist said:

I hear McCloud is pretty excited about it.

Good to hear, that kid has a ton of potential IMO.   This offense really fits his skill set so I'm excited to see him (and the rest of the young QBs) this spring.   Only one of our QB's is a know so between that and the new offense this spring game is super intriguing. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Good to hear, that kid has a ton of potential IMO.   This offense really fits his skill set so I'm excited to see him (and the rest of the young QBs) this spring.   Only one of our QB's is a know so between that and the new offense this spring game is super intriguing. 

 

 

I believe Battle was the higher rated recruit (not that it means anything). Curious to see the two finally. I'm sure one, or both of them will get some PT in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chapelbull said:

 

Anyone?

Gilbert didn't call plays in Tulsa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited about the hire, but he had a lot of success with a dual threat quarterback and an Oline.  We don't currently have either as I didn't really see dual threat performance from our QBs.  It's going to take a little while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I'm excited about the hire, but he had a lot of success with a dual threat quarterback and an Oline.  We don't currently have either as I didn't really see dual threat performance from our QBs.  It's going to take a little while. 

This is what I'm thinking. Not sure the OL problem will be solved overnight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

This is what I'm thinking. Not sure the OL problem will be solved overnight. 

The OL issues could very well be bad protection schemes.  If so, then that can be solved, "overnight"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I believe Battle was the higher rated recruit (not that it means anything). Curious to see the two finally. I'm sure one, or both of them will get some PT in 2019.

Battles was rated 0.85 and McCloud was rated 0.82 (both 3*'s).  I haven't seen Battles play in person, but comparing his highlights to what I've seen of McCloud, McCloud is a more natural runner. McCloud was called on to run quite a bit in Plant's offensive scheme.  He's not the runner his brother Ray Ray (currently with the Bills) is, but he runs strong. He always seemed to be more accurate with the long pass than the intermediate ones for some reason.  But I think that will fit right in with Bell's offensive philosophy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I'm excited about the hire, but he had a lot of success with a dual threat quarterback and an Oline.  We don't currently have either as I didn't really see dual threat performance from our QBs.  It's going to take a little while. 

McCloud and Battle can both run pretty well (I think McCloud runs a bit better).  That helps a struggling o line immensely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Gilbert didn't call plays in Tulsa.

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I'm excited about the hire, but he had a lot of success with a dual threat quarterback and an Oline.  We don't currently have either as I didn't really see dual threat performance from our QBs.  It's going to take a little while. 

We have dual threat QBs and even Barnett showed some running ability.  Oline could have been better or could have been better play calling to maximize weapons

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×