• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why Bell Will Create Offense Excitement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I guess its easier for some to predict bad stuff will happen rather than have faith that better times are coming.

What are you talking about?  we lost 6 in a row and were embarrassed in the last two.  "Bad" stuff was happening there was no need to predict

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,499
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, chapelbull said:

What are you talking about?  we lost 6 in a row and were embarrassed in the last two.  "Bad" stuff was happening there was no need to predict

Has bad stuff happened since? You are referring to the PAST, I'm talking about the FUTURE 

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

Has bad stuff happened since? You are referring to the PAST, I'm talking about the FUTURE 

Depends, several players were dismissed and/or left the team and it took what a month to hire the OC?  There were far more reasons to have doubts about the team's future than to "predict" greatness

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

31 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Maybe, just maybe our offense is what Gilbert wanted to run and not CCS. 

image.jpeg.9d0a91f8746c4239eeb6e64fb12b0404.jpeg 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Maybe, just maybe our offense is what Gilbert wanted to run and not CCS. 

I believe this is fairly accurate. Gilbert's offense has some issues. I went back and watched a good portion of a 2015 UCF-Tulsa game. 

Phillip Montgomery's 1st season. 

Gilbert had a good QB in Dane Evans, currently in the CFL. I saw several HB dives and one went all the way much like we saw with Cronkrite early this past season. That team went 6-7. Evans threw for 4300 yards and accounted for 27 TDs . 

In 2016 after Gilbert left, Montgomery called the plays. That team went 10-3. Evans threw for 3300 yards and had 36 TDs. 

I am sure without really researching Tulsa's teams in 2015 and 2016 this is not really an apples to apples comparison. That said. 

There seems to be a theme. I infer that Gilbert's teams put up lots of yards, especially against inferior talent. But at times it feels like his teams tend to underachieve. It will be interesting to see how things go at McNeese State. 

Just now, usf97 said:

I believe this is fairly accurate. Gilbert's offense has some issues. I went back and watched a good portion of a 2015 UCF-Tulsa game. 

Phillip Montgomery's 1st season. 

Gilbert had a good QB in Dane Evans, currently in the CFL. I saw several HB dives and one went all the way much like we saw with Cronkrite early this past season. That team went 6-7. Evans threw for 4300 yards and accounted for 27 TDs . 

In 2016 after Gilbert left, Montgomery called the plays. That team went 10-3. Evans threw for 3300 yards and had 36 TDs. 

I am sure without really researching Tulsa's teams in 2015 and 2016 this is not really an apples to apples comparison. That said. 

There seems to be a theme. I infer that Gilbert's teams put up lots of yards, especially against inferior talent. But at times it feels like his teams tend to underachieve. It will be interesting to see how things go at McNeese State. 

And yet CCS hired him and felt the need to bring him to Tampa  .........

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Depends, several players were dismissed and/or left the team and it took what a month to hire the OC?  There were far more reasons to have doubts about the team's future than to "predict" greatness

11 players and none of them really did squat except for Soloman. He got rid of dead weight and now the players that WANT to be here and FOLLOW the rules are left. And he took a month to find the RIGHT fit for us and most of us are pretty happy with the hire. You gotta try looking at life as a "Glass half full" my friend. We have a player that runs a 4.3 40yd named McDoom. Remember that name. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 players and none of them really did squat except for Soloman. He got rid of dead weight and now the players that WANT to be here and FOLLOW the rules are left. And he took a month to find the RIGHT fit for us and most of us are pretty happy with the hire. You gotta try looking at life as a "Glass half full" my friend. We have a player that runs a 4.3 40yd named McDoom. Remember that name. 

you realize he brought in 7 of those 11

You asked if negative things have continued to happen, they have.  Now we got a positive.

Out of curiosity, did you or anyone else apologize to the people that were questioning if we were really that good at 7-0 after we lost 6 in a row?

Just now, Bull94 said:

you realize he brought in 7 of those 11

And? He also recruited many AWESOME players to the team as well. Sometimes recruits don't pan out. It happens to many successful coaches. Why are we talking about 11 players who no longer are on the team? We have an AWESOME new OC, transfer players who will finally play and a bunch of talented players that redshirted last year that will finally see the field.