• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New OC, new WR recruits?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

On 1/13/2019 at 10:17 AM, BDYZR said:

I'm not assuming anything because, and please try to understand my comment - "We'll never know because they're playing D1 ball." Hell, one of these kids COULD be the next Baker Mayfield, or your guy could. At this point we do not know.

What we DO know is that he's a D2 qb on a D2 team, nothing more.

WAIT! I forgot, they could also totally suck. I felt I needed to throw that in there for you.

Hey man, you guys been going back and fourth all week lol I personally like another D2 grad transfer prospect named Eddie Zinn-Turner from  Marist . He is a 300Ib Nose tackle that has speed and strength. As for this QB you guys are talking about, I'm not opposed to signing him, my only thing would be that he is our 2nd QB to transfer in if he was to come here. I dont want to end a bad message to our current or future QBs if we are always bringing transfers in. But as to your point on qualifications, i agree, if he is the 2nd best QB in D2 Im sure he can make waves in D1. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We're bringing Bell in to coach QB's not just be an OC.   We have two young guys on campus with intriguing skill sets behind Barnett for him to work with and he can also go get his guy this next recruiting cycle.  Considering he should be able to recruit and sign guys at USF who he would never have access to at Valdosta State we shouldn't have to worry about him bringing along a DII guy.  If the kid wanted to come a preferred walk on, sure sign him up, but the schollys should be used for FBS quality QB recruits.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

17 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

We're bringing Bell in to coach QB's not just be an OC.   We have two young guys on campus with intriguing skill sets behind Barnett for him to work with and he can also go get his guy this next recruiting cycle.  Considering he should be able to recruit and sign guys at USF who he would never have access to at Valdosta State we shouldn't have to worry about him bringing along a DII guy.  If the kid wanted to come a preferred walk on, sure sign him up, but the schollys should be used for FBS quality QB recruits.   

Actually they'll be three young QBs... we also have Jahquez Evans coming in... the second highest rated player in this class.  We have some really good young talent at QB for him to work with and he can continue to find 'his' guy... but I suspect he'll know what to do with guys like Battles, McCloud, and Evans.  All of whom are very smart Qbs with big arms and a ton of athleticism. 

McCloud has a decent arm, I wouldn't say it was like Battles or Evans.

Edited by Calibull

Interesting kid... we're lucky to get him

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

But recruiting at Valdosta he wasn't recruiting against UF, FSU, Miami, etc.  With that said, if he could find a diamond in the rough at Valdosta I suppose he could do it here.

53 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

But recruiting at Valdosta he wasn't recruiting against UF, FSU, Miami, etc.  With that said, if he could find a diamond in the rough at Valdosta I suppose he could do it here.

He doesn't need to beat those guys for QB recruits as they typically recruit in tiers above us for QBs. He needs to beat schools like Wake, NC State, Vandy, UNC, Rutgers, Perdue, etc. He'll get kids with better much better skill sets than he's used to working with at JU and Valdosta. 

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

Actually they'll be three young QBs... we also have Jahquez Evans coming in... the second highest rated player in this class.  We have some really good young talent at QB for him to work with and he can continue to find 'his' guy... but I suspect he'll know what to do with guys like Battles, McCloud, and Evans.  All of whom are very smart Qbs with big arms and a ton of athleticism. 

We will see on Evans, I think he ends up playing somewhere else (another position) when things are all said and done. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Calibull said:

I thought Evans was coming in as an “athlete” and could end up at WR or DB.

56 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I thought Evans was coming in as an “athlete” and could end up at WR or DB.

He's coming in as a QB

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

We will see on Evans, I think he ends up playing somewhere else (another position) when things are all said and done. 

People thought that about Flowers.  I think he stays at QB.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Calibull said:

Interesting kid... we're lucky to get him

Kid has some juke that reminds me of Flowers he looks really good running with the ball.

Gotta some good speed.  I feel so much better about this team with the hire of Bell.

Edited by Bulls On Parade