• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

New OC, new WR recruits?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

47 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

There have been tons of players from non football powerhouses to make it in the NFL.  Didn't Ben Rothlesberger go to Miami (Oh) or Ohio?  Phil Simms went to Morehead State. Delaware produced a couple - Rich Gannon and the Raven's QB Flacco.  Not that is is the norm but it happens.  Of all the universities in Florida only 1 QB was drafted last year - McGough from FIU.  And he stuck to the Seattle practice squad.  Didn't the Saints have a great wide out that played at Hofstra?  You have Fitzmagic from an Ivy League school.  

There are plenty of exceptions to every rule. Yes, there are D2 players that didn't get a sniff from D1 schools. ALL of those mentioned were the elite of D2 football, not the special teams guy or second string player.

The whole back end of this thread is about the VSU QB coming to USF. IF he can come in and make a difference, I'm all for it. I just think the odds are against that happening. 

Interesting read;

https://www.ncsasports.org/football/recruiting-guidelines

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

There are plenty of exceptions to every rule. Yes, there are D2 players that didn't get a sniff from D1 schools. ALL of those mentioned were the elite of D2 football, not the special teams guy or second string player.

The whole back end of this thread is about the VSU QB coming to USF. IF he can come in and make a difference, I'm all for it. I just think the odds are against that happening. 

Interesting read;

https://www.ncsasports.org/football/recruiting-guidelines

the VSU QB just finished 2nd for the equivalent of the D2 heisman trophy as a sophomore.

that's certainly closer to elite than a special teams player.

I'm talking about making our roster not some NFL roster

we just had our 2 primary backups leave

59 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

the VSU QB just finished 2nd for the equivalent of the D2 heisman trophy as a sophomore.

that's certainly closer to elite than a special teams player.

I'm talking about making our roster not some NFL roster

we just had our 2 primary backups leave

And we have 2 more taking their places. Either one maybe could have won that D2 heisman at that level. We'll never know because they're playing D1 ball.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Ean Randolph transferred from NAIA Webber International University and did pretty well for himself at USF.  He also had an NFL tryout but never made the team.

Edited by Blackice12

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

20 hours ago, BDYZR said:

And we have 2 more taking their places. Either one maybe could have won that D2 heisman at that level. We'll never know because they're playing D1 ball.

you're assuming they could while the guy I'm talking about did place 2nd in the d2 heisman

we have a long list of QBs who have started here that wouldn't sniff that trophy including the 2 that just left and they were D1 talent supposedly.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

you're assuming they could while the guy I'm talking about did place 2nd in the d2 heisman

we have a long list of QBs who have started here that wouldn't sniff that trophy including the 2 that just left and they were D1 talent supposedly.

And you're assuming that this guy can play at this level just because he was great in D2

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

I'm not assuming anything because, and please try to understand my comment - "We'll never know because they're playing D1 ball." Hell, one of these kids COULD be the next Baker Mayfield, or your guy could. At this point we do not know.

What we DO know is that he's a D2 qb on a D2 team, nothing more.

WAIT! I forgot, they could also totally suck. I felt I needed to throw that in there for you.

Edited by BDYZR

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77

Think of it this way. If a kid threw for 4,000 yards, 38 td’s, ran for another 800 yards, was runner up for Mr. Football, and won the state championship in high school, would you want him as a recruit? 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

45 minutes ago, G8RLegist said:

Think of it this way. If a kid threw for 4,000 yards, 38 td’s, ran for another 800 yards, was runner up for Mr. Football, and won the state championship in high school, would you want him as a recruit? 

Yup

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77

In case someone hasn't seen Wells play, here is a link to the highlights of the Championship game.  He didn't run it at all this game for some reason, but at least it gives you an idea of how he runs the offense. The offense seems to be based on touch and accuracy instead of having a cannon of an arm. https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/video/2018-division-2-football-championship-ferris-state-vs-valdosta-state-full-game-highlights/vp-BBS2hJM