• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

New OC, new WR recruits?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  96
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

d2 is littered with players who transferred out of some really big d 1 schools. lots of p5 transfers.

he just played in the national title game and threw 5 TDs. I'm guessing the other school had plenty of talent including d1 talent especially compared to most high school teams

Youre thinking of FCS (1-AA) not DII

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

15 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I'm not saying there aren't good players at the D2 level including some/many that could start at D1 and I just pulled two recently highly successful true freshman out of the air.   You said something to the effect that D2 experience was better than HS experience and all I'm saying is that doesn't always translate to a better player.

Barnett signed with two P5 schools before coming to us, one of which was Bama.   Is this D2 guy better than him, I haven't actually seen him play?

Someone said it was a big jump from D2 to D1.

I suggested the level of competition is higher at the D2 level then it is at the high school level so it's less of a jump.

He is a red shirt sophomore so even if Barnett is better(probably could be argued considering Barnett had 12TDs to 11Ints and was rated #102 QBR compared to #2 finalist for best player in Division 2) he would still have an extra year and is familiar with the system.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Someone said it was a big jump from D2 to D1.

I suggested the level of competition is higher at the D2 level then it is at the high school level so it's less of a jump.

He is a red shirt sophomore so even if Barnett is better(probably could be argued considering Barnett had 12TDs to 11Ints and was rated #102 QBR compared to #2 finalist for best player in Division 2) he would still have an extra year and is familiar with the system.

I get it and I'm not bad mouthing your idea.  I just think that it is more often than not a pretty big jump and a pretty big reach

3 minutes ago, TruthARevolutionaryAct said:

Have any of you watched D2? They have 5 foot tall WRs and 5'8" TEs. You want to promote a kid TWO levels higher? D2 is not even close to FCS

kid is 6'3" 220 lbs

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

kid is 6'3" 220 lbs

maybe he's the exception?

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are correct. I was wrong. I thought it was relative to the quality of coach he was relative to his D2 players being good enough to play D1...my bad. That being said I give it 2 weeks before my initial statement becomes true...😀

Thanks for acknowledging that.  Wonder if anyone else will?

On that second part.  Who cares if someone wants to ask that question?  Isn't that what message boards are all about?  Personally, I think the self appointed board content police are more annoying than the perpetually pessimistic people.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TruthARevolutionaryAct said:

I'm talking about his competition, not him

you mean guys like Adam Thielen, Delanie Walker, Tyreek Hill, Chris Ivory?

6 --  The number of former DII linebackers and running backs each in the NFL. Tiffin's Chris Ivory earned a Pro Bowl trip in 2015 with a 1,000-yard season.

6 -- NFL teams without a single DII player on its roster. The Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, San Francisco 49ers, and Washington Redskins had some in camp, but none made the final cut.

6 -- The number of former DII players the Indianapolis Colts roster,  tied for most in the NFL. The Baltimore Ravens, Los Angeles Rams and Tampa Bay Buccaneers also have six apiece. 

10 -- Tight ends on NFL rosters that played DII football. Central Missouri's Delanie Walker may be the best known of the bunch.

13 -- Former defensive linemen on NFL rosters.

14 -- Wide receivers and offensive linemen on NFL rosters. West Alabama's Tyreek Hill is a star in the making, already with two All-Pro appearances, while the aforementioned Thielen is widely considered one of the better receivers in football.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2018-09-04/dii-football-players-2018-nfl-rosters

4 minutes ago, TruthARevolutionaryAct said:

Like we saw with Mike White, he sucked against p6 opponents but went down to the Sun Belt and became some stud qb.

Listen I'm not saying he is the second coming of Flowers but it wouldn't be a waste of a scholarship to bring in his QB who just happened to be the 2nd best player in Div 2. He is also familiar with the system. Again it was just a suggestion and one that I don't even think will happen.

God knows we have wasted them on far less talented QBs.