Jump to content
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

  • Members do not see this ad

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, E.T. said:

I'm hoping for another QB recruit.

he should bring in his current QB.

Redshirt sophomore who was a finalist for Div II heisman equivalent.

3000 yards passing 38 TD - 4 Int

700 rushing 11 TD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

he should bring in his current QB.

Redshirt sophomore who was a finalist for Div II heisman equivalent.

3000 yards passing 38 TD - 4 Int

700 rushing 11 TD

I'm not saying it can't work, but that's a big jump from D2 to FBS

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I'm not saying it can't work, but that's a big jump from D2 to FBS

no doubt but it is an even bigger jump from high school and many on here think our backups who have never played a down in college are the answer

 

 

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

no doubt but it is an even bigger jump from high school and many on here think our backups who have never played a down in college are the answer

 

 

Not necessarily ... there's D1 talent and then there's D2 talent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Not necessarily ... there's D1 talent and then there's D2 talent

d2 is littered with players who transferred out of some really big d 1 schools. lots of p5 transfers.

he just played in the national title game and threw 5 TDs. I'm guessing the other school had plenty of talent including d1 talent especially compared to most high school teams

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Not necessarily ... there's D1 talent and then there's D2 talent

There's also D1 speed and D2 speed, and that alone is a huge difference.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

d2 is littered with players who transferred out of some really big d 1 schools. lots of p5 transfers.

he just played in the national title game and threw 5 TDs. I'm guessing the other school had plenty of talent including d1 talent especially compared to most high school teams

 

I'm guessing that the talent on that other D2 team is no where near the talent at the FBS level overall.

My point was that a guy coming out of High School who has D1 talent is going to be just as ready to compete as that D2 going who more than likely had D2 talent to begin with.

You rather have that guy starting for us or the true freshman Lawrence or Tua?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I'm guessing that the talent on that other D2 team is no where near the talent at the FBS level overall.

My point was that a guy coming out of High School who has D1 talent is going to be just as ready to compete as that D2 going who more than likely had D2 talent to begin with.

You rather have that guy starting for us or the true freshman Lawrence or Tua?

ha ha like Tua or Lawrence are an option for us

we have been lucky to recruit QBs that had better offers to play other positions for some big schools

we are not going to win any battles for the best QB d1 ready talent in the country

now let me ask you would you rather have a 3 star high school QB from Georgia with little D1 interest or a D2 national champion QB who was a finalist for the equivalent of the heisman trophy?

as a side note the opposing Qb for Ferris state in that title game had committed to Michigan State

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good lord the man has not called a play yet and some are indirectly ******** on this hire...only on the TBP...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Good lord the man has not called a play yet and some are indirectly ******** on this hire...only on the TBP...

I think you must have posted this in the wrong thread. not sure this has any relevance to the conversation. I haven't seen anyone that hasn't liked the hire

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×