• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, usfvictor said:

I just remember thinking, what? He's going into the draft? How is that even possible? I mean who told him he should do that? It was crazy and then watching him not get drafted and not even playing, its really sad and its something he will probably regret once he gets past his pride (cause we all do it, "its not that big of a deal, i don"t even think about that anymore") and gets old and thinks, crap, i had another year I could have been the BMOC and I blew it. I just want to find these kids who have been filled with the fallacy of their own greatness and find a way to bring them back to reality. But then again who knows, maybe it was the best thing for him and now he is using his experience to mentor kids who are facing the same thing. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

I just remember thinking, what? He's going into the draft? How is that even possible? I mean who told him he should do that? It was crazy and then watching him not get drafted and not even playing, its really sad and its something he will probably regret once he gets past his pride (cause we all do it, "its not that big of a deal, i don"t even think about that anymore") and gets old and thinks, crap, i had another year I could have been the BMOC and I blew it. I just want to find these kids who have been filled with the fallacy of their own greatness and find a way to bring them back to reality. But then again who knows, maybe it was the best thing for him and now he is using his experience to mentor kids who are facing the same thing. 

As I recall there was a rumor he could not come back because of academics...or he was completely tired of going to school.

2 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

Never played a down with Dallas 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Via his Instagram Cronk is staying!!!!! 

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

16 hours ago, Calibull said:

You keep talking about MM like he's the measure of what a pro RB is.  That silliness.... And he's far better than DJ was.  He's good enough to get a look... and we won't know his actual 40 time until he runs.  Because I recall many thinking Mack and Adams were 4.3 guys when the only one to run it was MVS.  So when he's at combines, I'll look at his 40.

3 hours ago, Calibull said:

He has his own individual skill set.  No two backs are the same.  He's not as big nor as fast as Todd Gurley.   He's no where near what Adrian Peterson was when he came into the league.  Mack was  a 4th round draft pick who has a good burst and an excellent jump cut. Who still fumbles too often and he doesn't break a lot of tackles.  Breaking tackles was never his game.  Everyone remembers 1 run against ucf and thinks he was some power back.  Mack is good don't get me wrong... but no.. it's silliness using him as the measure of what every pro back should be.  Period.  It's stupid tbo

I get what you are saying but your 1st post above didn't say what you said in the 2nd post.  Save the stupid remarks on here. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

I hope he comes back. Ford is small right now to get more than 15 touches a game for a full season. I hope Cronk comes and earns number spot and use Ford as a change of pace/scat back. I hope we can get more running backs involved in the passing game in screens and FORD would flourish under that role.

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

As I recall there was a rumor he could not come back because of academics...or he was completely tired of going to school.

Never played a down with Dallas 

Yeah, but the fact that  he a Cole Beasley signed at the same time is kinda crazy, Beasley is still playing and doing well. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

Or Darell Scott.

Did he come from Miami?  Thought it was Colorado.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I get what you are saying but your 1st post above didn't say what you said in the 2nd post.  Save the stupid remarks on here. 

Yeah... stupid was overboard.  That's my bad.  I'm just happy everyone is coming back now.  I think he needed another year and I also think his draft stock will improve.  He's a complete back and Gilbert had not idea as to how to use the guys skill set.  I think he and Ford will benefit from this new offense. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  1

Just some insight to his decision.

He sat down with Strong and Strong made his case in asking him to come back and also gave the same feedback Cronk was given that a good combine jumps his stock to 4th round but coming back for another good year, where he is properly utilized, puts him in the 3-4 round range with a good 40. Strong did admit to him and apologized about how he was utilized and what took place the last 6 games.Cronk also had a conversation with Bell.

• Upvote 2