• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

6 hours ago, Bull94 said:

if he has his degree then he should go give the NFL a shot.

probably doesn't mean much whether he is a late round pick or UDFA.

it's the 2nd contract you're playing for unless you are an early pick and get lots of guaranteed money.

RBs are a dime a dozen and teams do not want to spend early picks on them unless they feel they are a special talent.

he won't show that here splitting carries next year.

A degree has nothing to do with it unfortunately. The question is, how much risk is he willing to take to move up on the draft board. I would say a Day 3 potential with eligibility left is dumb. Even if you have Day 3, decide to come back to school and get hurt, its not like thats going to drop you down much if any. And even if you don't get drafted day 3 you can always UDFA it and those guys who make the team get the same amount of money as Rd6/7 guys so that's the reason he should comeback to school. Its not like he goes to the NFL and busts he can't come back and finish. 

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/4/28/15227862/undrafted-free-agents-nfl-draft-how-it-works

I dont know if anyone remember Daryl Mcmillan, transferred here from Miami, solid one year with USF (first 1000 yd rusher in 99) and then left for the NFL with a year of eligibility left, never got drafted, i dont even know if he had a shot at a roster via UDFA route. That is the sad story that Cronkirte and co. should be looking at. 

Edited by cophbulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, cophbulls said:

I dont know if anyone remember Daryl Mcmillan, transferred here from Colorado, solid one year with USF and then left for the NFL with a year of eligibility left, never got drafted, i dont even know if he had a shot at a roster via UDFA route. That is the sad story that Cronkirte and co. should be looking at. 

you mean Darrell Scott?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, cophbulls said:

I dont know if anyone remember Daryl Mcmillan, transferred here from Miami, solid one year with USF (first 1000 yd rusher in 99) and then left for the NFL with a year of eligibility left, never got drafted, i dont even know if he had a shot at a roster via UDFA route. That is the sad story that Cronkirte and co. should be looking at. 

Or Darell Scott.

Just now, usfvictor said:

you mean Darrell Scott?

Ah yeah, maybe thats it.....sorry, my memory is fuzzy

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, Gobulls90 said:

0410B3B7-56F4-4C13-920D-B680DEE83DB5.jpeg

Per his Instagram 

Good to hear. The talk with CCS must have went well. I am sure he talked to Bell too. 

• Like 1

Awesome! First Mitchell then Cronkrite, maybe there is something cooking, who knows? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

Also Scott was a transfer from Colorado 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, usfvictor said:

you mean Darrell Scott?

https://seeingthingssecondhand.wordpress.com/2013/05/16/in-memory-of-darrell-scott/

mmmaaannnn thats a harsh take

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Also Scott was a transfer from Colorado 

The funny thing is that's what I thought I was trying to say and then I looked up Mcmillan to see if I was spelling his name right and saw that he cam from Miami and I was like, wow, my memory really is going bad...lol

I'm Stephen A. Smithing it

• Haha 1