• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Calibull said:

Thing slowed for everyone once they figured out Gilbert basically ran 5 or 6 plays.

Absolutely. I think Gilbert would have made even Marlon Mack look mediocre. Thankfully for Mack, he was in an offense that he could shine in. Hopefully Bell can do the same for Cronkrite.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, IBulleve said:

Cronk is a 4.65 guy at 200lbs. Those guys are a dime a dozen. He’s closer to DJ’s skill set than MM

You keep talking about MM like he's the measure of what a pro RB is.  That silliness.... And he's far better than DJ was.  He's good enough to get a look... and we won't know his actual 40 time until he runs.  Because I recall many thinking Mack and Adams were 4.3 guys when the only one to run it was MVS.  So when he's at combines, I'll look at his 40.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115

1 hour ago, IBulleve said:

Cronk is a 4.65 guy at 200lbs. Those guys are a dime a dozen. He’s closer to DJ’s skill set than MM

If I recall, he ran 4.51 at The Opening so with training he should be running the same.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

11 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Absolutely. I think Gilbert would have made even Marlon Mack look mediocre. Thankfully for Mack, he was in an offense that he could shine in. Hopefully Bell can do the same for Cronkrite.

Mack played well in both the offenses he played in.  Hard from me to  not see him run for 1K in even that offense.  Cronkrite ran for more than 1,100... Mack would have done what Flowers did and hid some crappy play calling. Remember Macks first year when he broke the freshman rushing record we ran the West Coast Offense... not the Gulf Coast. 

Which was a pretty ugly offense for us.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

Mack played well in both the offenses he played in.  Hard from me to  not see him run for 1K in even that offense.  Cronkrite ran for more than 1,100... Mack would have done what Flowers did and hid some crappy play calling. Remember Macks first year when he broke the freshman rushing record we ran the West Coast Offense... not the Gulf Coast. 

Which was a pretty ugly offense for us.

Good point. I remember him being about the ONLY bright spot in that Western Carolina game....his first game in a USF uniform...among other games that year. I think he was subbing for an injured DJ to start the season. He went for 275 or so in that game.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Sometimes we say silly things. 

Just because Cronkrite is exploring his pro potential he all of a sudden is too slow for the league? When he was saving our ass with 50+ yard running touchdowns he wasn't looking slow to anybody.  Good luck Crunk if you don't make it back on campus. 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

I think he has similiar potential to Mack at the next level. Reminds me of Matt Brieda. My guess the talk with strong will be simple. Give me the ball or I will take my chances making the 53 and get paid.

Edited by Capital H

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, Calibull said:

You keep talking about MM like he's the measure of what a pro RB is.  That silliness.... And he's far better than DJ was.  He's good enough to get a look... and we won't know his actual 40 time until he runs.  Because I recall many thinking Mack and Adams were 4.3 guys when the only one to run it was MVS.  So when he's at combines, I'll look at his 40.

He IS a pro RB.  Doesn't sound silly.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

I get where he is coming from. We have a crowded backfield (Cronk, Bell, Ford, etc) and Charlie's favorite guy is by far Ford. Cronk didn't get nearly the amount of touches he probably should have last year, and probably expects much of the same this coming year. Playing another year in college just means a greater chance of being injured and not being able to play in the NFL at all. If he leaves now, he has less of a risk of injury with a decent shot at getting paid to play. I hope he stays, but I get his dilemma.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

So, IF he makes a team and gets to introduce himself on a broadcast does he mention that he was from USF but a transfer from Florida.  I don't see him getting drafted however.