• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Worth watching, time to bullieve again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

26 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Cheapest ticket in town...

Free parking, open bar, reclining seats...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Free parking, open bar, reclining seats...

😂😂...so true. Not to mention the multiple games.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

7 hours ago, &rew Bull said:

Our non-conference schedule was soft as a pillow. We knew that coming in and knew we'd do well to start the season

I don't think there was any way for anyone to really know how well we'd do to start the season, with all the unknowns at this level coming in. Our ooc sched last year was very similar to this year's, basically 1 "name" program in each, and we came out 7-6. We came in this year with one known commodity returning in DC. Brown showed flashes but Big Nik was a big disappointment. A lot of hype involving players hitting the court here for the first time, but we'd had that before ....... but this time some was for real, especially Yetna. My biggest surprise has been HoopsQ, who has basically picked up where he left off at Gardner-Webb (he sucked at ft's there, too). Obviously the competition early on was more on the line he faced at G-W so hopefully he keeps up the pace as we go thru the conference.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  167
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

These guys battle for ever inch. Reminds me of the coaching style of another USF coach. 

with a more aggressive offense.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

The more I see, the more I believe we are pretty close talent wise with any of the other teams in the league.  I think we can hold our own at home and just see if we can steal a couple on the road.   Obviously, the youthfulness is the key and how they handle conference pressure especially on the road

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

😂😂...so true. Not to mention the multiple games.

You're all forgetting the best part, no requirement to have pants on! Nothing better than an open bar, a recliner, and sitting in your boxers to watch some sports. :icon_drink:

• Haha 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

You're all forgetting the best part, no requirement to have pants on! Nothing better than an open bar, a recliner, and sitting in your boxers to watch some sports. :icon_drink:

TMI  

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

54 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Get some of those $7 tickets in the Dome and I promise you, nobody will notice either.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

On 1/10/2019 at 8:42 AM, George Jenkins said:

Dont hate me for saying this. Right now, we are a mid-tier AAC team. We are young, we turn the ball over too much, we are mediocre jump shooters and poor free throw shooters. Our post players are really raw and have a long way to go offensively. We have not beaten (or really played) anybody of note, but opportunity awaits. We will out-rebounded and out-work most of our opponents, but I dont see post-season in out future unless some serious strides are made and those issues are corrected.

This team has come a long way, but still has a long way to go.

Agree 100%, don't get me wrong, I love watching us win and I watch this team with tempered enthusiasm. This team has one of, if not the, easiest schedule on the books thus far. They have played 4 teams in the bottom 20 and 9 teams in the bottom 150. The best team we have played thus far is Georgetown and they are barely in the top 100. So I prescribe cautious optimism 

Obviously that UConn win was a eye-opener and got me thinking maybe we could get to 15-16 wins. But this is also a team who lost to The Citadel who is currently ranked 201st by Sagarin. The big games will be against Wichita St, Memphis and SMU. If we can beat those teams then I would say lets start eyeing the Cincys, Houstons and UCFs of the league. One thing def in our favor is this is a relatively weak conference this year. We only have 1 team in the top 30 (Cinn) and 3 teams total projected in the Tourney (Cinn, Hou, UCF). So the door is open for us this year. Will we take advantage?idk, honestly Id be happy with a NIT bid this year, and the NCAAs next.

Oh and this team is not the best team US has ever had. That is pure crazy talk