• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie in trouble

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

42 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think the lawsuit is against Univ of Oregon and not Taggart directly. Insurance will pay the settlement and life will go on

The NCAA, UO, Taggart, and Oderinde are all defendants in the lawsuit.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think the lawsuit is against Univ of Oregon and not Taggart directly. Insurance will pay the settlement and life will go on

Maybe. Wasn't there some school that literally killed a kid, was found liable in civil court, but never paid the kid's family? I forget which school that was...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Apparently that’s not all he did...

At USF yes it is, I've watch these boards for awhile before actually joining. You're as big a Willie hater that exist. So of course you take that stance. Guess you like losing football games...but not just you in particular but to me how he was treated here and for what he did for this program. 

Lets just say, I don't think Football was ever the issue. It's America, somethings don't change in the south when you're the first. 

• Downvote 2

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

Almost as many as he lost.

You mean like Jim Leavitt's conference record?

10 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

This smells like a kid having a lawyer get in his head looking for a pay day.  Seeking that kind of money for no permanent damage is ridiculous as is "Trying to get the NCAA to put and end to these kind of work outs" or whatever.   Lawyers gunna lawyer 

You hear these stories all the time when conditioning programs are changed. Anyone with a pulse in coaching business knows that. All you have to do is look our players currently. I've never seen so many bowling balls on the field. When the conditioning program changes at USF and I pray that its sooner rather then later. Expect some kids to struggle at the start, no one wishes for it to happen and you prepare your kids for this not the happen. But it is a possibility. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, CIHISI said:

You mean like Jim Leavitt's conference record?

A) sure

B) every conference we were in before was better than the AAC

C) this isn’t just a subset of CWT’s games it’s his overall record not just here but everywhere he has been 

D) he is our only coach who to lose to an FCS team since we went to FBS and he is our only coach to never win a bowl game 

E) you said he won a lot which you are free to believe but the fact still remains that he had more losses than he had wins and that had nothing to do with CJL.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, CIHISI said:

At USF yes it is, I've watch these boards for awhile before actually joining. You're as big a Willie hater that exist. So of course you take that stance. Guess you like losing football games...but not just you in particular but to me how he was treated here and for what he did for this program. 

Lets just say, I don't think Football was ever the issue. It's America, somethings don't change in the south when you're the first. 

It’s great to see Willie’s uncle on this board...

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No kidding.

"I watched this board for years and now I am going to make a triple post defending the ex coach".

Creepy.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  536

3 hours ago, CIHISI said:

Don't come on here and play the race card. That's an old tired excuse and you don't know anyone on this board personally.   Many of us feel Willie was/is a great recruiter and evaluator of talent but not a good coach.   He won at Western Kentucky because he had better talent then the teams he played. He eventually won at USF because he had better talent and one Quinten Flowers.   If his job wasn't in jeopardy and didn't change his philosophy because of that he would have been fired.   Going back to the race card, you find me one person on this board that was upset when we hired both Willie and Charlie.  Everyone was very pleased at these hires. I don't think that "old southern" idea has been shown by this board.   It's only people who have no proof on their beliefs like you that then gets nasty.   

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, CIHISI said:

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What's funny is you're like me about Willie, objective about his strengths and weaknesses.