• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie in trouble

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 hours ago, CIHISI said:

You hear these stories all the time when conditioning programs are changed. Anyone with a pulse in coaching business knows that. All you have to do is look our players currently. I've never seen so many bowling balls on the field. When the conditioning program changes at USF and I pray that its sooner rather then later. Expect some kids to struggle at the start, no one wishes for it to happen and you prepare your kids for this not the happen. But it is a possibility. 

Yup, when you add in the fact that players are trying to impress the new staff and won't want to admit they cannot physically go any further out of fear of being labeled "a quitter"  this stuff happens.  If this case doesn't go to trial it will tell me all I need to know because if all of this kids claims are legit he's going to get every penny he asked for and there is no need to settle.   

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

Don't come on here and play the race card. That's an old tired excuse and you don't know anyone on this board personally.   Many of us feel Willie was/is a great recruiter and evaluator of talent but not a good coach.   He won at Western Kentucky because he had better talent then the teams he played. He eventually won at USF because he had better talent and one Quinten Flowers.   If his job wasn't in jeopardy and didn't change his philosophy because of that he would have been fired.   Going back to the race card, you find me one person on this board that was upset when we hired both Willie and Charlie.  Everyone was very pleased at these hires. I don't think that "old southern" idea has been shown by this board.   It's only people who have no proof on their beliefs like you that then gets nasty.   

I think most objective posters on the board admit Taggart is a lights out recruiter, promoter and motivator but he  possibly lacks in the game day arena but he does get props for changing his system even if he was forced.  He was treated great here, and chose to go get the big dollars, then get even more big dollars.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Was the staff negligent? 

Strength and conditioning is one of those things where it's pretty well known what works. But every guy wants to reinvent the wheel. 

• Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Days Won:  2

C|H|S: the South is racist!

NewEnglandBull <-- name literally says "New England"

where in the South is that?

not that I think NEB is racist in any way, but I don't see how this logic makes sense.

Tampa Bay certainly has southern heritage but a significant percentage of the community & especially the student body/alumni are either from elsewhere or have lived/currently live elsewhere.

@CIHISI if u think someone is racist, try providing examples of why instead of just assuming something based on regional differences or "it's cuz he's Black!" USF fans universally regard Skip Holtz as the worst coach we've ever had... Is it "cuz he's White" ?? lol. let's be better than that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

C|H|S: the South is racist!

NewEnglandBull <-- name literally says "New England"

where in the South is that?

not that I think NEB is racist in any way, but I don't see how this logic makes sense.

Tampa Bay certainly has southern heritage but a significant percentage of the community & especially the student body/alumni are either from elsewhere or have lived/currently live elsewhere.

@CIHISI if u think someone is racist, try providing examples of why instead of just assuming something based on regional differences or "it's cuz he's Black!" USF fans universally regard Skip Holtz as the worst coach we've ever had... Is it "cuz he's White" ?? lol. let's be better than that.

😂😂. Good point...although on USF game day I would give my left one to have RJS and the Yuengling Dome located just outside of Manchester, NH. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

57 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Was the staff negligent? 

Strength and conditioning is one of those things where it's pretty well known what works. But every guy wants to reinvent the wheel. 

From what I have read, Oderinde has no professional credentials in the S&C field.  That could be very negative for the university and Oderinde, in the eyes of the jury.

I can’t understand why a university would open themselves to that possibility by allowing a coach/athletic director to hire such individuals.  

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

39 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Careful, Slick Willie’s uncle May come back and accuse you of racism...😂🤘

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

From what I have read, Oderinde has no professional credentials in the S&C field.  That could be very negative for the university and Oderinde, in the eyes of the jury.

I can’t understand why a university would open themselves to that possibility by allowing a coach/athletic director to hire such individuals.  

For a $245 fee, the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) offers a 21-hour strength training course to become a certified NCAA strength coach in any sport. By comparison, the widely-used Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA) requires 30 times as much training -- a 640-hour certification process.

According to the NCAA, that track certification was all that was needed by Oregon football strength coach Irele Oderinde, who was suspended for one month due to the January workout. But should it be? Four industry experts with more than 100 combined years of experience told CBS Sports they don’t consider Oderinde properly certified to be a football strength coach. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/the-unregulated-world-of-strength-coaches-and-college-footballs-killing-season/

Seems like he was OK per the NCAA.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

39 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Seems like he was OK per the NCAA.  

Which is precisely why the NCAA is named in the lawsuit.  

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise