• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie in trouble

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

22 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

This smells like a kid having a lawyer get in his head looking for a pay day.  Seeking that kind of money for no permanent damage is ridiculous as is "Trying to get the NCAA to put and end to these kind of work outs" or whatever.   Lawyers gunna lawyer 

The article states there is permanent damage. 

Only a couple months ago my son noticed his arms were swollen after an intense workout with a buddy. After waiting a day, we sent him to the doctor. They did bloodwork and sent him home. We got a call at 9:00 that night from a doctor telling us to go to the emergency room. He had Rhabdo, and needed to get his blood flushed as soon as possible to prevent permanent damage to his kidneys.  He spent thee days in the hospital.  

If this kid kept working out with his levels elevated, he may have done some damage. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

15 minutes ago, Boomer said:

The article states there is permanent damage. 

Only a couple months ago my son noticed his arms were swollen after an intense workout with a buddy. After waiting a day, we sent him to the doctor. They did bloodwork and sent him home. We got a call at 9:00 that night from a doctor telling us to go to the emergency room. He had Rhabdo, and needed to get his blood flushed as soon as possible to prevent permanent damage to his kidneys.  He spent thee days in the hospital.  

If this kid kept working out with his levels elevated, he may have done some damage. 

Not to be nit-picky and downplay the seriousness, but the quote says he may have done some damage. I haven't done any searching, but is the lawsuit that he's mad something permanent could have happened or did happen?

Edit: I looked at the Oregon article and it says

Brenner is seeking damages for “severe injuries, some of which are permanent, permanent renal injury, a shortening of his life span by upwards of 10 years, increased susceptibility of kidney failure, kidney disease, and death, severe physical and emotional pain, [and premature death] and an impaired opportunity to play football in college and thereafter” as well as past and future medical bills, according to court documents.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

In all fairness if the kid had been in better shape these workouts wouldn't have caused him rhabdo. Not saying Tags S&T coach(forget his name and not reading the article since I felt it was overdramatasized when it happened) should have noticed but these are workouts CWT ran at WKU, USF and now FSU and only a couple players ever got this condition? Hard for me to blame the coaches too much in this.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I imagine this is part of the older story that resulted in suspensions and what not of the strength coach.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

I think the lawsuit is against Univ of Oregon and not Taggart directly. Insurance will pay the settlement and life will go on

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

This smells like a kid having a lawyer get in his head looking for a pay day.  Seeking that kind of money for no permanent damage is ridiculous as is "Trying to get the NCAA to put and end to these kind of work outs" or whatever.   Lawyers gunna lawyer 

If the case is BS then they can fight it and get it dismissed or win at trial. If there’s no permanent injury then in most, if not all, states the case never even gets to the jury.  More than likely they’ll settle eventually because there’s enough risk that a jury will believe the kid was permanently injured.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

Knock lawyers all you want, but, without them, no one would be held accountable for their actions, especially the rich and powerful. 

The rich and powerful being held accountable? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Willie's in trouble if he doesn't win ten games.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

52 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

In all fairness if the kid had been in better shape these workouts wouldn't have caused him rhabdo. Not saying Tags S&T coach(forget his name and not reading the article since I felt it was overdramatasized when it happened) should have noticed but these are workouts CWT ran at WKU, USF and now FSU and only a couple players ever got this condition? Hard for me to blame the coaches too much in this.

Irele Oderinde...the guy with no S&C credentials Taggart brought to USF