• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls -9.5 at home vs Tulane (In Game)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

28 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Am I the only one that thinks we are going to go into Philly and pull off the upset? Clearly, the guys didn't look their best last night because they were looking ahead to Temple! Bulls win 71-69. 

It is possible...Temple could be hung over after that Houston win. But this conference is showing that road wins are tough. If we beat Temple on the road I’ll have to adjust my thinking of an NIT bid to something bigger.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It is possible...Temple could be hung over after that Houston win. But this conference is showing that road wins are tough. If we beat Temple on the road I’ll have to adjust my thinking of an NIT bid to something bigger.

I think the most losses the team could possibly have in conference and still qualify for the Big Dance would be 4 in the regular season, and then of course 1 in the conference tournament, so long as it was in the semifinals or final. The OOC schedule was extremely weak, and we lost (albeit in OT) to the "marquee" opponent on that non-conference slate, Georgetown. Out OOC SOS was ranked 311 out of 353 teams. I don't know that an at-large team would have ever gotten in with a worse OOC, especially one from the second tier of basketball conferences. 

With 4 conference losses (14-4 overall) we would almost assuredly be a top 4 seed and receive a first round bye, meaning 1 or 2 additional wins in the conference tournament and an additional loss. 25-7 or 26-7 might be enough, but to me there is no margin of error beyond that given our OOC SOS.  I still think the ceiling for this team is the NIT, which would be amazing. I predicted 15 or 16 wins prior to the season, and we are almost there already (probably would be 13-3 if the Charlotte game took place), so anything beyond that and I can't reasonably be anything but happy!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

11 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Tulane looked terrible.  I don't know that the Mike Dunleavy experiment is going to pan out.   

Good W overall.  That three headed monster of Yetna, Kiir, and Durr is scary already and will be scarier in the future.  Collins has bounced back nicely last couple of games.  Rideau's foul trouble allowed Castaneda to get some more PT in a game that was never really in doubt.

Someone mentioned at halftime that Tulane was missing their top scorer.  Don't have any idea if that is true.  

What was Collins thinking with attempting that last dunk?  Lucky he didn't get hurt. He had to know that guy wasn't going to let him throw it down again.  He had a trailer and could have made a simple pass and avoided that fall.  I like his aggressiveness but that wasn't needed at that point of the game.   

Kiir did play well.  Someone posted about Rideaux walking down the tunnel.  He had taken a shot to the man region.  Was glad to see him come back into the game.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

Tulane had a 15 per game guy on bench.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Someone mentioned at halftime that Tulane was missing their top scorer.  Don't have any idea if that is true.  

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Caleb Daniels.  But they've had plenty of L's with him the line up this year as well

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, Brad said:

So we still win by 3 ....

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

So we still win by 3 ....

I think that is being generous given the butt kickings they were taking with him in the lineup, but we'll let them have that ....