• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Remember that time...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Cooler heads must prevail.  If CCS can pull a Willie and retool the offense, and defense gets a defense, maybe we'll be good outside of the conservative in game management.  Year 3 should be fun.

As much as I want USF to turn it around and things to be great, this past season has given me very few positive feelings that CCS is doing anything right with our program. We can fire or let various coaches go-- but ultimately I feel he is the problem. We are just the third installment of his head coaching failure reel. "oh but he has a winning record for USF"-- who cares? I have eyes-- I can see what is going on with the team. He is bad for USF football and all these posts lately hoping for some huge turnaround seem ridiculous to me. We should have cut him loose before the bowl game and found someone with some fire in his belly to lead our team. I get the impression that CCS is going through the motions and has no faith in the players or even himself.

We can compare the turnaround that happened with CWT after year two if you want. And if CCS is lucky enough to have some players like Quinton Flowers who step up and battle-- great. But I'm pretty sure I see a coach who should retire.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

6 minutes ago, MikeG said:

We are just the third installment of his head coaching failure reel.

37-15, 3-1 in bowls including a BCs bowl, and two conference championships in four seasons constitutes a failure? 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Boy, you can say that again...

And again and again!

This program just needs leadership of some kind. No one involved knows what the goal is and that is dangerous territory to enter into. I feel like we've been in that state for a couple years now. No slight against Coach Strong, but I don't think he's ever really found his role as the head coach of a metropolitan University, in one of the fastest growing markets for young people. 

Many things seem array.  This  program seemingly has one goal of attaining Power 5 conference status. The program was so worried about this one goal that it lost sight of whats going to matter in the end. I hope this changes going forward and I'm as optimistic as they come, a 1% chance is as good as a win to me!, but I don't see it. Our coaches ideals are so far behind what this particular University needs in a football coach. I don't see where the forward progress is going to come from. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

12 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

37-15, 3-1 in bowls including a BCs bowl, and two conference championships in four seasons constitutes a failure? 

yep-- that is my opinion. This season has been enlightening. The information I've read from the situations at the other programs tell me one thing-- he should have NEVER left Louisville. I would bet even he thinks this is the case. Maybe we are just the second part of his failure reel-- since most of his success is from UL.

Also- I love how you take one sentence and totally ignore everything else in that post. I am not rooting against him-- I just feel he isn't the right coach for USF.

Not that it matters- USF is going no where fast. People keep talking about our "path to the P5" like such a thing exists. I would be shocked to ever see us in one of those conferences as they currently stand. Shocked and excited-- because as it stands now, this conference and level of football is nothing to be excited about. We are second class citizens at best in the world of college football. I am almost to the point of thinking we should just stop wasting our time and money on football at USF.

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647

13 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

His Louisville tenure is easily explained. 

Clint Hurtt. 2011 Recruiter of the Year. Later suspended for giving benefits to recruits and left for NFL in 2013. So did Teddy Bridgewater. 

If we can get a similar bagman then we should be good. 

18 minutes ago, MikeG said:

yep-- that is my opinion. This season has been enlightening. The information I've read from the situations at the other programs tell me one thing-- he should have NEVER left Louisville. I would bet even he thinks this is the case. Maybe we are just the second part of his failure reel-- since most of his success is from UL.

Also- I love how you take one sentence and totally ignore everything else in that post. I am not rooting against him-- I just feel he isn't the right coach for USF.

Not that it matters- USF is going no where fast. People keep talking about our "path to the P5" like such a thing exists. I would be shocked to ever see us in one of those conferences as they currently stand. Shocked and excited-- because as it stands now, this conference and level of football is nothing to be excited about. We are second class citizens at best in the world of college football. I am almost to the point of thinking we should just stop wasting our time and money on football at USF.

That's the part I question and seemed to be the main idea of your stance in that he is just a failure as a head coach.  I see it as he had success at one stop, failed at another and it's to early to tell either way at his third. I don't think that quite equates to a "head coaching failure reel".  Especially when he only needs to replicate this past season and win the bowl game to become second in every all time coaching category here. 

Everything else is just your opinion based on what you see. what am I gonna say to that? Your eyes are broken? 

Edited by BrassBulls12

4 minutes ago, usf97 said:

His Louisville tenure is easily explained. 

Clint Hurtt. 2011 Recruiter of the Year. Later suspended for giving benefits to recruits and left for NFL in 2013. So did Teddy Bridgewater. 

If we can get a similar bagman then we should be good. 

But he also left is 2013, so there's no real way to test that theory. Are Clint Hurtt and Teddy Bridgewater the reason that they had a top 20 defense three out of his four seasons and a top 5 defense in his final year? You can't just erase his credit because of what has happened at Texas and his first couple of seasons here. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, Calibull said:

They'll probably push him, but he has such arm talent that he'll win the job.  I think Bell will be the OC, last I read they were working out the assistants that are coming.  With a year as a, remember he won the job with basically 2 weeks, and a good OC, he should have a huge year.  Being with the squad through spring ball and developing continuity with the WRs should pay dividends with him.  Also with McDoom being eligible now, he and St. Felix should have monster seasons.  I was told by several players and people generally around the program that McDoom is by far the best WR we have, including St. Felix. 

This board dont even know about McDoom yet. B/w McDoom, Horne and Joiner, that's about 3 WRs that run a 4.3/4/4 40yd on our offense. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

As much as I want USF to turn it around and things to be great, this past season has given me very few positive feelings that CCS is doing anything right with our program. We can fire or let various coaches go-- but ultimately I feel he is the problem. We are just the third installment of his head coaching failure reel. "oh but he has a winning record for USF"-- who cares? I have eyes-- I can see what is going on with the team. He is bad for USF football and all these posts lately hoping for some huge turnaround seem ridiculous to me. We should have cut him loose before the bowl game and found someone with some fire in his belly to lead our team. I get the impression that CCS is going through the motions and has no faith in the players or even himself.

We can compare the turnaround that happened with CWT after year two if you want. And if CCS is lucky enough to have some players like Quinton Flowers who step up and battle-- great. But I'm pretty sure I see a coach who should retire.

Couldn’t have said it better

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

I felt this way at times, but with Gilbert and his Offense gone, we have enough weapons to maybe turn it around with a new OC. I wish I was as optimistic about Bell as some in here are, but there are too many similarities to Gilbert's offense IMO. I have an open mind heading into 2019, but if I see the new OC stubbornly trying to run between the tackles on a constant basis, and not taking advantage of the athletes we have here, then I will have lost whatever little faith I have that Charlie can turn it around here.