• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF starts go fund to investigate SEC .....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

It's not the school's doing.  The last time there was threats of an investigation into this stuff it led to the school getting accepted into a P5 (Utah), so actually I can see why some are starting to push that narrative.  It's not unheard of and I don't think UCF cares what other schools think of them.  I'm pretty sure they only care about themselves and whoever will pay them $ like ESPN.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

On 1/6/2019 at 9:36 PM, HornHead said:

Playoffs really need to be expanded to 8. 5 Conference champions, 1 G5, and 2 at large. 

If they only expand to 8 teams, still no auto bids. Shouldn't be able to get into that still limited playoff just by being the tallest midget.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

On 1/9/2019 at 12:08 AM, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

It's not the school's doing.  The last time there was threats of an investigation into this stuff it led to the school getting accepted into a P5 (Utah), so actually I can see why some are starting to push that narrative.  It's not unheard of and I don't think UCF cares what other schools think of them.  I'm pretty sure they only care about themselves and whoever will pay them $ like ESPN.  

Utah had I believe a Senator that was pushing for investigations, huge, HUGE, difference 

• Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

On 1/9/2019 at 12:19 AM, Triple B said:

If they only expand to 8 teams, still no auto bids. Shouldn't be able to get into that still limited playoff just by being the tallest midget.

Then the G5 needs to be separated completely and have their own playoff.  Stop the masquerade

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

16 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Then the G5 needs to be separated completely and have their own playoff.  Stop the masquerade

UCF would have made the playoffs this year with that scenario ... but I've got no problem separating.

• Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

UCF would have made the playoffs this year with that scenario ... but I've got no problem separating.

I don't have a problem separating either.  And I guess qualifying an "auto" bid to certain criteria (ex. undefeated G5 team, above some ranking level, etc.) could work as well.  Screw it, just go full playoff and have 16 teams.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

It is amusing that the SEC fans have been the most vicious in casting aspersions about UCF and the AAC. I have seen worse comments directed toward UCF than any I can recall a Bull fan making.  Seems like fans of the other big conferences (generally speaking) are ambivalent at worst and some are even supportive of a so called "g5 access".  You would think that if the SEC were so superior, as they say, they would ignore the miscreants from the east.  Keeping the false narrative that even the worst SEC team could win other conferences has to be protected. 

As far as using systems to protect the brand at the expense of others, the SEC is doing what the SEC always has.  Look at why Georgia Tech left the SEC in the 60s and you will see their unscrupulous ways are nothing new.