• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will USF Be Associated With The New Orlando Pro Football Team?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

4 minutes ago, MikeG said:

UCf must have given them a better rental rate-- I would have thought they would go with the Citrus Bowl for this team

But what a great opportunity they had to take it one step further--- by going back to leather helmets.

Or, Perhaps they just wanted to add a bit of bounce into the game experience.

Leather helmets without face masks...fewer penalties!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

27 minutes ago, MikeG said:

UCf must have given them a better rental rate-- I would have thought they would go with the Citrus Bowl for this team

Also-- someone asked why BJ Daniels was allowed to be drafted by Salt Lake-- based on the limited information regarding area teams can get their players, he falls into the Pro team area for being on the roster for Seattle I think. There would obviously be some cross over in terms of guys who played football at an out of state college and then had some experience with some other NFL teams in even more areas. That is just me shooting from the hip though-- I have not really looked into this league but I like what I am hearing so far. It might be someday impact how the NFL does things.

But what a great opportunity they had to take it one step further--- by going back to leather helmets.

I asked about this at the beginning of the thread in regards to Gilbert on Orlando's roster, but remembered they did an AAF QB draft back in November. Don't think it has anything to do with his pro location on why he was "allowed" to be drafted by Salt Lake. Gilbert played all of his HS and college ball in Texas and was last part of Carolina's organization (which put him under Atlanta's control). Teams were allowed to either protect a player designated to them OR pick. No one protected BJ and he was drafted in the 2nd round.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I asked about this at the beginning of the thread in regards to Gilbert on Orlando's roster, but remembered they did an AAF QB draft back in November.

Yeah this is what I remember happening, Daniels was originally on the Orlando Roster.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

5 hours ago, JTrue said:

I asked about this at the beginning of the thread in regards to Gilbert on Orlando's roster, but remembered they did an AAF QB draft back in November. Don't think it has anything to do with his pro location on why he was "allowed" to be drafted by Salt Lake. Gilbert played all of his HS and college ball in Texas and was last part of Carolina's organization (which put him under Atlanta's control). Teams were allowed to either protect a player designated to them OR pick. No one protected BJ and he was drafted in the 2nd round.

interesting.

As I said, I know so little about this league at this point that hearing Salt Lake City had a team was news. Now I know three teams-- Phoenix, Orlando, and SLC. I was shooting from the hp based only on someone else's comments and was only referring to Daniels. That they had a QB draft was also news. Are there just 5 teams? I should really look into this since I guess there is one going to be playing at Sun Devil Stadium.

The new league sounds fun without being too silly like the old XFL and their sprint to the ball version of a kickoff (concussion central!)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

5 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Or, Perhaps they just wanted to add a bit of bounce into the game experience.

Leather helmets without face masks...fewer penalties!

They would need a pretty decent size crowd to get that place to bounce, no?

As for the leather helmets-- I want them more from a perspective of forcing the players to stop tackling head first or using the head as a weapon - and as a result-- less likely to incur concussions. The hard candy shell (so to speak) of helmets has led to more problems then they solved. I doubt they adopt this as it seems like another type of league designed to act like a minor league for the NFL.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, MikeG said:

interesting.

As I said, I know so little about this league at this point that hearing Salt Lake City had a team was news. Now I know three teams-- Phoenix, Orlando, and SLC. I was shooting from the hp based only on someone else's comments and was only referring to Daniels. That they had a QB draft was also news. Are there just 5 teams? I should really look into this since I guess there is one going to be playing at Sun Devil Stadium.

The new league sounds fun without being too silly like the old XFL and their sprint to the ball version of a kickoff (concussion central!)

There are 8 teams, ORL, Phoenix, Salt Lake, Memphis, San Antonio, Atlanta, Birmingham, and San Diego

36 minutes ago, MikeG said:

They would need a pretty decent size crowd to get that place to bounce, no?

I think it bounced in the early days even with small UCF crowds.😉

24 minutes ago, MDBull20 said:

There are 8 teams, ORL, Phoenix, Salt Lake, Memphis, San Antonio, Atlanta, Birmingham, and San Diego

Will it even be the AAC of pro football?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Will it even be the AAC of pro football?

Will we even be the AAC of college football 😂